Chapter 28 The Prepare of a LifeTime

Melanie's POV:

"Please tell me that's not what I think it is..." Damon words cracked through his voice. I was alone with Damon and Stefan. While Kol went out back to his house. I hate this sibling discussions.

I looked at the beautiful sparkling diamond ring on my left fingers. I slowly felt my lips curved into a small smile. I still couldn't believe it myself.

Me.Marry. Kol. Mikaelson.

Or

Even Marry for that fact! I felt that little spark sprinkle inside me screaming like a teenage obessed fan. I was bursting of happiness. Waiting over 200 years to get married, or something normal for once instead of killing vampires, being tortured, or the fact of problems! How i thought my life was just going to be a killing vampire--

"Melanie... care to explain?" I snapped out of my little thought and looked up at Stefan who smiled at me but just kept staring at the ring I was playing on my finger.

"Oh...um... I'm getting married." I slightly pulled a innocent smile. Then I saw Stefan smile as Damon... so much as like someone just kicked him in the face.

"Yeah, I see that. BUT With Kol Mikaelson!?" Damon got up from the couch and looked at me as if I choose to jump off a bridge."Are you stupid?"

"I'm not--"

"He basically let you die! Didn't he kill you?!" Damon yelled in my face.

"No he--"

"How can you marry the guy that planned to kill Elena!?!"

"That was Klaus--"

"He planned it with Klaus!"

"Is this about ELENA?!" I fired back. Then he became silent. "Is it because of Elena?" I asked again. I know Stefan got tensed up by the question. Damon's face fell then quickly built back glaring at me.

"No... " He swallowed then spoke again." I just don't want you to marry Kol--"

"You can't choose who I marry Damon." I glared at him. "I don't need your permission, your not father.Your my brother who is suppose to support me, Stefan seems to be okay with the whole engagement." Stefan smiled at me as I smiled back then I looked back at Damon. "I lived 200 years without you, I think I could live 2000 years too." I firedback and walked out.

Stefan's POV

I watched Melanie storm out of living room then I heard her slam her door shut. I sighed.

She was going to marry Kol Mikaelson.

I'm happy for her but .... Kol. He was a bad thing but he's the first to make Melanie smile, happy, sparkle everytime we meantioned his name. She was in deep love with Kol. I know Kol wont hurt her but... Why did it have to be Kol--

I stopped my own thought and looked over at Damon looking at his hand like he just killed someone for the first time. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"You're going have to apologize to her Damon." I sighed.

He lashed my hand away walking over to the bar pouring himself a drink.

"Why? Why do I have to apologize? I'm the one looking after her." He sighed and drank his cup. "I'm the big brother that's-- Why do you even agree? It's Kol Mikaelson after all." I sighed running my hands through my ruffle hair.

"I don't know..." Then I looked up at Damon who glares at me. " He makes her happy Damon." He gave me a confused look. "We weren't there for her 200 years. The last time I saw her happy was when she was with you at the ball back in 1864, her smile, her laugh, her happiness, her soul.... her humanity. It was all there but that was the last time I saw it until.... Kol." I said. Only to get confused look from Damon drinking his cup gone.

"Your point." He spoke.

"Damon," I walked over to him." She was totured, she was unhappy 200 years of  her life, until she met Kol again I saw her spark of humanity, her smile, her laugh, her soul but bigger than ever." I leaned closer to Damon to get it through his stupid thick head. " Kol is her humanity." I said slowly. I saw Damon's eyes grow huge then he drops his cup.

Damon's POV

I drank my last drop of drink--

"Kol is her humanity." Stefan spoke slowly. I felt the world shift. What?....... I felt the glass cup slip through my hands just the way Melanie was slipping through my hands.  He was lieing.

'I love him Damon...'

'I forgive him Damon...'

'He's my everything....'

Melanie's words echoed my empty thought.

When Melanie came in the living room with Kol earlier... her smile was so huge, when she giggled earlier... it was so human....

She loved him. They were both of their both humanity.

I laughed then felt something hit me.

She wasn't my sister anymore. I wasn't her light anymore, her shoulder, her everything... it was Kol's now.

Kol's POV

"You're getting married?" Rebekah smiled.

"The Kol Mikaelson is getting married?" Klaus laughed with Rebekah.

"Childern!" Mother stand by me then they shut their mouths, I chuckled. "Its wonderful that Kol is getting married, setteling down... unlike others." She quickly glanced at the others then she smiled at me. "Congratulation son." She hugged me. I smiled.

"Congratulation Kol. " Rebekah hugged me.

"Congrates brother." I smiled at Klaus.

"Thank you--"

"But I mean, why not me? She did like me first---" Mother shot Klaus a glare. Rebekah and I laughed when Klaus shut his mouth.

"So who's planning the wedding?" Rebekah asked.

"I don't--"

"I'll be the planner. I'm going to go over to Melanie's right now." She smiled before I could say anything. "Trust me Kol, it's going to be beautiful." Rebekah was gone in a second.

I chuckled at Rebekah as she left.

I should prepare for the worst.

"Come on brother, I'll help you set up a bacholote party." Klaus put his arm over my shoulder and walked with me to the kitchen. "It's going to be crazy like good times." He chuckled.

Short I KNOW! But this is the best I can get for now! I have a lot of crap going on! SRRY! Post by this Saturday!! I PROMISE!