Chapter 22 Ripper Killer

Stefan's POV

I hugged Elena.

"Are you okay?" I examined her neck.

"Yeah..." She put the bandage on her neck.

"What the hell just happened?" Caroline walked into the kitchen.

"Melanie..." Bonnie whispered.

"I mean why did she almost attempt murder on Elena." Caroline said looking at everyone just leaning against the wall in depressed confusion mode.

"I think she's a ripper again." Elena said.

"No... that's impossible, she told us she worked 40 years in torture to be close enough to a human without killing them." Damon said.

"No... she said that unless she meets the person blood that has enough --" Elena

"temptation that her ripper inside of her will unlock the locks of the box." I finished and everyone looked at me. "Elena is the doppelganger after all... we have to find Melanie."

"We have to find her before she starts killing the whole town." Jeremy said.

Middle of the Night

Penny's POV

"Alright, see you guys later!" I waved at my friends goodbye walking out of the grill. I wrapped my jacket around me bringing it closer to my body. I looked around to about to cross the road--

"AHHH!" I heard a girls screaming. I turned around to the alley... it was dark but I walked slowly to see where that scream was comming from.

"AHHH!" I heard it.... I was closer I went behind the dumpters then I saw Melanie... 8 bodies by her foot dead.... I saw Melanie drop the blond girl next to the dead bodies. I stepped out...

"Melanie..." I whispered. Melanie shot a look at me with her glowing yellow eyes, with her viens popping out.. Melanie smiled at me.

"Well, isn't this nice... I'm going to eat my descendent..." She smiled she was walking closer to me about to pounce on me. I used my spell and she fell to the ground in pain.

"AHH! ARGG! STOP!!" Melanie yelled holding to her head on the ground. I whispered a spell and made her fall in deep sleep until I wake her up. I looked at the 9 bodies ...lifeless.... she was the ripper again. I looked at Melanie...

"You need help..." I whispered and carried Melanie to the car.... she was very light since I used a spell.

Next Day

I locked up Melanie in a chain with vervain so she wont get out killing more people. I looked at the news.

"Today, we have 24 people missing from last night...." The anchor said. I turned my head looking at Melanie still sleeping in the chair..

24 people.... impossiable... one night.

I walked over to my spell book... I had to make sure she wont do this ever again...