Chapter 19 Stefan's Back

1864 2 months after Father's death

I was in the garden practicing with Uncle John.I stabbed the dummie. Uncle John clapped in achievement.

"For a lady, you have the quiet strength." John smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Thank you Uncle John--" I said but got interrupted when I heard a familiar voice.

"Well, that's not very lady like." I turned around and see Stefan leaning against the door way to the garden. I smiled and ran to hug him.

"you are back from the battel!" I hugged him tight and he spinned me around.

"I missed the unlady like Melanie Salvatore." He put me down smiling.

"I missed the mean teasing Stefan Gilbert." I giggled.

"You two should get married if you keep talking like that." I looked over at Uncle John and blushed.

"Uncle John, please I think a pure lady like lady should steal Stefan's heart." I blushed.

"Well, if your not busy Stefan. Please help Melanie continue. I'm going to greet the rest of the soldiers." I saw Uncle John walk away and looked at Stefan with a smile.

"Are we going to play hide and seek?" I asked.

"You know you are terriable at hiding." He protested.

"How dare you say that! I'm very good at hiding." I said. "Now close your eyes. I'll show you." I made him turn to count and I ran into the forest and hid behind a large old tree.

"Melanie, you know I'll always find you! You are a terriable hider."  He yelled he was close. I ran away and he spot me chasing after me.

"You may be a soldier but I'm a great hider!" I yelled as I ran.

"How dare you doubt a soldier!" He yelled and grabbed my waist. I screamed. He turned around pushing me to the tree covering my mouth and hide as we saw two old fancy ladies pass by without seeing us. As soon they got out of sight we both laugh. "I've missed your laugh." He whispered.

"I've missed you." I smiled he leaned in to kiss me but I ducked and ran. "Try to find me now Stefan!" I yelled running I heard him chase after me.

"I will always find you Melanie! I'll always be by your side even without you noticing!" I heard him yell.

........................................................silence.............................................................................................................

"Wakie, Wakie.... Melanie." I heard a familiar voice.

I flicker my eyes open quickly. I gasped for air. I looked at those pair of warm brown eyes that hang over me I knew who it was. "Stefan?" I let out a small whisper.

"I told you I will always find you." He smirked.

I sat up and realize I was in a cofin. "What am I doing in a coffin?" I looked down at my bloody clothes.... John daggered me. "He didn't." Stefan carried me out of the coffin. I tried to walk but wobbled and fell into Stefan's arm. He put me in a chair. I looked around and saw John staked up against the wall. "You killed JOhn?"  I asked Stefan who hands me a blood bag.

"No... he's daggered just like you but not in a coffin. I knew you hate me if I did." Stefan said. I looked at those blonde hair and his warm brown eyes.

"How are you a vampire?" I asked.

He sighed. "Long Story." I smiled.

"We have all enternity Stefan." I smiled.

" When I found out that you died that morning by the vampire trap. I couldn't live with myself... as you know I love you. I would have done anything for you. I forgot I had vampire blood in my system and I hung myself. When I woke up I heard about you being vampire, I followed you. You were monsterious Melanie." He looked at me. "That night when you died by being staked. I went took a witch to bring you to life. I didn't want you to die while I was stuck living in enternity." He smiled at me "Like I said I will always be by your side without you noticing. I will always find you." I smiled.

"But how did you find me if there was a spell locked on the coffin." I asked.

"I had witches." He shrugged.

"You the same old Stefan." I smiled. He walked up to me looking into mine eyes.
"You cant go back to Kol Mikealson." I nodded-- wait did he just compell me. I pushed him into a wall. 

"I think you're missing something in your story." I said He quickly grabbed my shoulder and switched places with me pushing me into the wall.

"Oh, right. A witch of mine turned me into a orginal... she had a thing for me." He smiled.

I pushed him off of me I turned around. "it's nice to know Stefan's back." I smiled. He turned around folded his arm and smiled.