2.A Million Identities

He was not sure how he'd ended up here. In this dark alley. He knew that what he was doing is not something he should. But he couldn't help it.

He shifted. Felt his body turn into someone else's. Left his beautiful face behind for a person who didn't exist. The man he had been trailing stopped in front of a warehouse.

The boy's boss had a quota.... And Seokjin had to fulfil it.

The man went inside. Seokjin's clothes were soaked through with rain. But he forced himself to do it. Shift again.

He tried shifting into the man's supervisor. That way he would have gotten in without any trouble. But his 14 year old body couldn't handle it.

He felt pain lash out. Hard and fast like a whip. God. It hurt so much.

He felt hands at his shoulder. A girl. Just about his age. She looked at him. He must have slid down the wall he was taking support against for both of them were on the ground.

She stared at him with wide eyes. He didn't understand how she was there. The street had been deserted. He had double checked.

She cradled the side of his head. Her hand came away red. Seokjin looked at the blood. Her face. The surroundings. Everything but her eyes.

Something warned him not to. That looking in her eyes would end up.... badly?

The teenage boy's body was bruised up and exhausted from the beating of last night and the exertion of shifting so frequently.

He shape shifted. He could turn into any person or for that matter animal. An incredible ability that was misused by people for greed. 10. He had been 10 when he was taken away. Called a freak. Put through mental trauma adults don't even know exist. Thrown into an asylum because he was not normal.

What is normal? Being a human is normal? Destroying everything is normal? Having not enough restraint to just stop. Is that normal?

No one stopped. Never. People came. They came and took him away. 12. He was 12.

He was now 14. Working for someone he'd never seen. And they didn't care for him. No. But the girl sitting in front of him, touching him even when half his face is covered with blood. Touching him like he's the world to her and she is not... Not disgusted by him. She did.

He met her eyes.

Black and blue and green and gold. And every. Single. Colour. In. Between. Were. Her. Eyes.

"They shift," he whispered. The colours melting together in the galaxy of her eyes. And he knew. What trust was.

She nodded. Smiled. Touched the side of his head. Withdrew her hand when he flinched.

She supported him up. He was not sure how he hurt his head. Maybe when he collapsed against the wall. The world spun twisting into a painting that made no sense.

And then everything was gone. But not her. He still felt her. A slight whirl of something feather-like against his back and then even that sensation gone.

He was lost. Lost in space. Lost where time and matter and life didnt exist. And he couldn't find himself again. A string tugged at him. His anchor. Holding on. Still holding on.

In a bed. A girl next to him. Older. He was older. But his head throbbed at that memory. The day he met her. 4 years. It had been 4 years since that day and he still couldn't explain her eyes. How her gaze shifted like a real life being.

Dimi.