8.Haven

(That house at the top is not Dimi's in case you guys are wondering. I just like the pic 😅 also, the house is a part of the later story)
"Where are you taking me?" Jungkook turned and asked her, giggling slightly.
"A place for us to stay," she answered smiling deviously. "You can use your powers there. Learn to control them."
"Oookay." He grinned, not because he was leaving his hometown. Because he was leaving with her.
___________
"Are you sure that they won't harm anyone?" Hobi clutched her sleeve. He was nervous about moving. And the car ride definitely wasn't helping.
"Hobi, don't worry. I will keep you safe."
"Who'll keep you safe?"
"You. Who else?" She chuckled, not taking her eyes off the road.
__________
"Namjoon. It is away from people. You won't hear a lot. Might help that constant headache of yours, though. "
"Yeah. Might... You said that it belongs to you. How?"
"Yes. It's mine. Family heirlooms, you know. "
"A house as a heirloom? You must be filthy rich," he shook his head, laughing.
"No. Just weird," she wiggled her eyebrows. The surroundings blurred past in a myriad of colours, their speed taking the sharpness out of the world.
__________
"Jin, do you want to eat something?" She offered a box of cookies, the "motherly instinct" is too hard to withhold. He nodded, opened his mouth and she popped one in. His eyes never going off the stretch of road. They had switched positions after she drove for about 3 hours.
He had been really excited at the prospect of shifting away from this city.
"I hope that you won't mind living with me," he grasped her hand.
"Of course not, Jin." She squeezed his in response.
___________
"Will it be like my old home?" The innocence in his voice was heartbreaking. "You know I loved that house." He pouted, even though this conversation was being repeated for the nth time.
"Well. I think it is time we live in my house. Or do you think that it goes against your manliness?"
He gave a low chuckle, "Keep your eyes on the road, miss."
___________
"Tae, tell me you trust me," she pinched his sleeve between her thumb and forefinger.
He nodded, his hand shifting the gear as they accelerated on the sparsely travelled highway.
"I trust you." He said with an easy smile. She would constantly ask him that, knowing how much he preferred hiding the stuff that bothered him, than tell her about it.
"You'll like the house I think," she said, still not letting go of his sleeve.
__________
"Love, it's not safe. Anything could happen. I have a lot of enemies. Please don't do this."
"Yoongi you promised me that you would never control me. Please just come with me. It'll be safe. I swear. Besides, we have already been driving for 2 hours. Not much land left to cover now."
"We could always turn around, you know," he rested his head against the headrest letting his eyes fall shut.
"We're not turning around, Yoongi."
He smiled a bit. Of course she was not going to listen to him. There was a reason he loved her, after all.

+++

Seven cars rode up the front gate of the house. With only eight occupants....

Shouldn't there be fourteen though...?

14 pairs of feet stepped out, but only 7 made a sound. Each of the boy's companion released their hand as the males regarded each other with sidelong glances. They noticed their "girls" walking to the porch of the house. And then they saw...

...each of them was her.

It was so terribly confusing and unreal for all of them. To see seven forms of the same person meld into one. And she was smiling. Smiling an eerie smile that made chill drop down their spines.

"Wh-who are you?" Even the Puppeteer couldn't keep the fear out of his voice as he posed the question that was on all their minds.

Then that ghost of the unknown girl was gone and she was their Dimi. The one who and saved them or whom they and saved. The one they loved, trusted.

But the human mind can only believe so much, right?

She motioned for the boy's to follow her. Her form flickered as she opened the door to the two storeyed house. The boys, drawn in my some invisible string, complied.

It was only when they entered, did they remember all the promises, the pillowtalks, the sleepy whispers that she had said to them. Of life with her. Away from pasts and backstories.

She forgot to mention the other six boys now, huh?

Her feet moved fluidly, like she had spent centuries just practicing how to move without lifting your feet off the ground.

The male "pack" was led by Namjoon. Seeing that he would be the first to know if something was about to happen, by some unspoken agreement he walked forward with the rest following close behind.

A living room. Furniture littered around. Comfortable. Homey. Photos on the mantel. Photographs of all of them.

Jungkook and Dimi cuddling on the grass on a picnic. Jimin giving her a peck on the cheek, blushing profusely. Taehyung making horns on top of both their heads, being an absolute derp. Hobi with his arm thrown around her waist, her face buried in his neck, refusing to take a photograph just after waking up. Yoongi sleeping on the couch with her small body wedged between his legs. Jin with his face resting on her shoulder, making a pouty face, his hair tousled and eyes shining. Namjoon.... his lips just barely touching hers, their faces heartbreakingly close.

Each photo held a memory. A memory so complete and pure in it's own that it couldn't compare with the others around it.

It was a candle flame burning in their chest. A hundred promises and warmth deep down to the bone.

But so many candle flames together sparked a bonfire of jealousy. No one had to say it aloud, the tension in the room was palpable.

"So I guess, now must be a good time to introduce you guys to me." She took a seat in one of the leather arm chairs, crossing her legs.

"I'm like you. And I'm not one person."