17.Lie

The guys passed Rafeeq's "tests", which mostly included showing him their powers. He was fanboying over Yoongi and Hoseok, finding their powers cool.

Yifa on the other hand was trying to find the moment to snag Dimi and talk to her alone. She found her chance when the girl walked out of the living room to get water. She followed quietly.

"D?" She called out. The girl turned back, startled, nearly dropping the glass from her shaking hand.
"Why? Why did you not tell them?" Yifa was trying hard to be calm.
"Tell them what?" She replied tartly.
"You know what I'm talking about," she hissed, checking to see that no one was listening.
"No. I don't."
"Dimi. You..." she sighed. "You will fade. You are fading. I can't lose you. Come back to us. You've been away too long. You life is nearly gone. I can't feel you anymore. My powers are useless on you," she pleaded. The healer's voice breaking on her last words.

"Listen. Yifa. I'm not done. I'm not done till they are safe. And, Yifa. You. Will not. Lose me. Never. Okay? Yes, you may not be able to heal me right now. that does not mean that I'll die without your help. You heal, Yifa. You cannot give life."
Yifa nodded as tears slipped out of the corners of her eyes. Dimi wiped them pulling her into an embrace.

You don't need to save me, Yifa. I'm fine. I'm fine and so will you be.

The two women headed back.

Yoongi saw them enter and wondered where they had gone and why did Yifa had tear trails on her cheeks. His gut told him something was wrong. Be locked eyes with Namjoon.

Joon, can you read Yifa or does she block you out? He called out to Namjoon lifting his mind block.

No. That's just you, Dimi and that Hellboy Ivan. The telepath replied.

Something is wrong. Read her, will you?

Alright.

A few minutes passed.

Yoongi?

Hmm?

We have to save her. She'll die. His thoughts were weighed down.

What are you talking about?

Control Yifa. She'll tell you everything.

Yoongi nodded towards the boy. Namjoon nodded his head towards the door.

"I'll come in a minute," Yifa said, her voice slightly blank. She headed out of the living room. Yoongi followed, going unnoticed.

He headed straight to the first room he could find. Yifa following compliantly. She was like putty in his hands. So so pliable.

"Spill." Yoongi seated himself on a chair, Yifa standing in front of him.

"She is dying," her voice was rushed, meaning she herself wanted to tell someone this.

He realised just a second too late what she had uttered.

She is dying. There is only one other she. And she is really good at lying.

"She's dying and I can't save her," Yifa gasped, doubling over from sobs.

Yoongi pulled her in an embrace, lifting his control.

Namjoon? Where are you?

I'm here. The other boy's voice rang in his head.

Erase her memory.

Alright.

She promptly collapsed in his arms. He headed out, controlling her body. Keeping her eyes open. Her legs moving. She regained consciousness just as he placed her next to Dimi and Rafeeq. Right where she'd been before Namjoon and he took her away.

She blinked, momentarily dazed, then melted right back into the conversation like nothing had happened.

It had been efficient. Very much so. But both of them were far from satisfied.

She was dying and Yifa couldn't save her.

Meaning no one could....

Sorry this is short. It's 4 am. And I still haven't slept yet. I'm gonna wake up sleep deprived🤣 I'll update later today.

I truly hope you're liking this story. Vote and comment.

😁😁
Author over and out.