12.Chains

Namjoon had run up a fever. His breathing was shallow, eyes fluttering in the uneasy unconsciousness. Jungkook had managed to carry him to his room. While Jin was dealing with a furious and panicked Dimi.

She kept yelling at the others that they are not used to using powers and she had forbidden them for this exact reason. But no one paid any attention to her. They moved as one unit. After all, it was basically their fault he was forced to use his powers.

Dimi split herself, one of them going to fetch water and a bowl another went to her room to get some medicine while another was currently scolding Jungkook and Taehyung.

Namjoon woke up after about an hour, gulping down a glass of water thirstily when Yoongi put it in front of him. They were shaken by what Namjoon had done. It had been almost as if someone had robbed them of their senses. Namjoon hands were shaking as he held the glass, making Dimi support him with her own hand. It sparked a flair of jealousy in the hearts of the watching boys, but they couldn't possibly keep her for themselves.

Not only would she kill them-she hated it when someone tried to claim her- it was quite evident she loved them all equally.

People say it's not possible to split ones heart. Well, guess what. People are wrong. For she had cut her heart into seven equal pieces.

Namjoon was forced to comfort Dimi who had thrown herself into his arms the moment he seemed steady enough. The rest of them stood awkwardly while he whispered to her.

The blanket of awkward was lifted when Jungkook's stomach growled which made Jimin and Taehyung chuckle while the younger his his face in embarrassment.

"Shit. Sorry. I'll make dinner right now." She scrambled off Namjoon's lap.
"I'll help," Jin offered.
She nodded.

About fifteen minutes later all the people in the house were seated at the dining table. Jin had held Namjoon hand even though the younger insisted that he was alright, which had made Dimi's eyebrows rise in surprise.

The fight had somehow helped all of them to cooperate. The ice that had surrounded the dinner for the past weeks seemed to have thawed a bit. They talked more, at least. Traded a few funny incidents with each other. Jin and Yoongi got into an argument of whether or not they snored. Turns out they both did.

The mood was a bit more lighthearted. Their bonds were a bit more tighter. There hearts were a bit more closer.

And that might just end up being their doom.

+++

In another world, in a different plane, chains were broken, people were killed and a demon had escaped.

He spread his black wings, diving off the terrace of his prison. His red eyes glinted as his lungs expanded to take in the fresh air. Any air was fresher than the air of a prison cell.

He stretched his muscles mid-flight. The wind tossed back his white hair. He soared over the city of Pan.

Now all he needed to do was find a portal.

This chapter is short. Sorry about that. The next one will be longer... and probably better.

Something is brewing.... What do you think is going to happen to our friends? And who is the red-eyed mystery?

Stay here to find out.😉