26.Buried-END

A crowd had gathered in the city hall. Men and women and children. No one making any sound except for a few whispers. A stage had been set up, decorated with white flowers and black drapes.

It was a funeral assembly.

All the seven sat in the front row. Their faces blank. Dressed in starched black shirts and suits, they seemed emotionless. When in reality their minds were a scarred battleground that had seen millennium worth of war.

In the Plane, each person who died had a grand funeral. You ask why? Because people don't die. They don't age.

It was the first death in about seven milleniums. Jungkook gripped Namjoon's hand who was sitting on his left. Taehyung who was on his right, had become inaccessible for the past two days as the city of Pan prepared for a funeral.

The shock had still not worn off. Her absence still hadn't hit them. And when it would it would cripple them. Her body lay in the dark wooden casket, that had been bolted shut before any of them could say their last goodbye. Never mind that she wouldn't have been able to hear them.

Rafeeq climbed up on a podium and delivered a speech. About how great a fighter she was. How she was such a good friend. Looking out for other needs.

That's what she did now, didn't she? She looked out for others too much and forgot about herself. Yifa held the man's shoulders on his return to his seat. Her own shoulders shook non-stop from sobs.

No one had been able to figure out why and how she had died. And Ivan had not been captured. Her murderer ran loose in the world while she was gone. And that wasn't acceptable for Taehyung.

The seven were told to attend the Akadamía Agogón. The Academy for Conducters. They would train there. Finish whatever training they couldn't get from her. And possibly make new friends. Or maybe not.

The Council had given them two weeks to recover from the loss, after which they would have to fulfil their duties and roles as citizens. When they were first picked up from where the portal had dumped them, they had been like lost puppies. They had refused to let go of her body. Their clothes stained with hues of red gold.

The whole funeral thing lasted for about 3 hours. Everyone who knew her got up on stage, said a few words and then sat back down.

They didn't know her. They lived with her for centuries and still didn't know her. It's all empty words. A show. Namjoon thought bitterly.

Jungkook kept peering at Taehyung who had a sinister smile on his face. He was a bit scared of him to be honest. He was scared that they would fall apart now. And he was scared that no one would know how to put them back together.

Jin, Namjoon, Jimin stood up when called up to carry the casket, pulling the rest up with them. They trudged their way to the casket and hoisted it onto their shoulders where they were joined by Rafeeq.

I wonder how she looks, right now. Yoongi thought. If she looks the same in death as she did in life.

The casket was to be lowered into the ground and buried under ten feet of soil.

Why do they bury them so deep? What if by some miracle they get to come back up? Shouldn't they be given a chance to do that? Jimin knew it was all wishful thinking. The dead can't come back. But how he wished there was a way.

Well, I just made our job easier, the casket is lighter. Taehyung thought. A casket without a body is much lighter than an occupied one.

His mind had devised a plan. One that he was scared to follow, but more scared to give up.

His heart beat wildly as the empty casket was lowered into the ground, covered.

You, Dimi will not be buried in the ground. Not till I have had a chance at trying. Taehyung was determined. And if need be, he would go to any lengths. He will get her back.

Be it alone.

-▪•END•▪-

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS STORY.

This was the last chapter.
If you have questions you can comment or pm me.
Again, thank you so much for reading my story.