11.Envy

The house was quiet except for the low breathing of the eight people. Oh. And also the whimpers.

The youngest was having trouble sleeping having the same recurring dream for the past three nights. Three nights they had been in this house. Three nights he had slept here.

Tonight was the worst.

He was tall and platinum blonde with red red eyes. Dimi was standing in front of him. A lake of red gold where they were standing. Blood. Jungkook's mind told him. Blood is not gold. His rationale countered. An uneasy feeling gnawed at his heart that this dream might just end up being the reality. But that doesn't happen, right? Dreams are dreams. He was merely a bystander. The white haired man was holding a sword with a hilt of gold and a blade of obsidian. Dimi was defenceless except for the knife in hand.

He striked. She countered. The liquid around them splashing with each step and parry. It was a terrible and beautiful dance of death...

Till he plunged the sword straight into her body. Her blood stained the thin white shirt she was wearing.

It was red-gold. The same colour as the lake.

He woke up gasping, panting.

"Jungkook! Jungkook! Thank the Lord! Are you okay?" He gasped and sputtered trying to form coherent thoughts. She had never died before. Always managed to strike him on the end, the blonde man. She couldn't die... could she?

"Can you die?" He gripped her clothes, staring into her eyes like a child demanding answers. She stopped her fussing, becoming stock-still. "Answer me, Dimi. Can you," he asked ,"die?"

She nodded. "I cannot die due to age but I can die from wounds. Jungkook why are you asking that?"
"I had a-a dream," he hiccuped. His hands grabbed her shirt and pulled her to him. He buried his face in her clothes, his cheek pressed against her stomach. His heart rate was haywire.

"Stay here, tonight. I'm scared. Please."
"Alright."

In another room, Namjoon couldn't sleep for he too had seen Jungkook's dream. And he too was scared. Scared for her. And for some reason, scared for the boys as well. He wished for her body parallel with his. But she was with the Energy Boy.

Unbeknownst to them Yoongi, Jimin and Taehyung had seen similar dreams but each with different endings.

Enemies are always around the corner. It is just a matter of whether you attack first or they do.

Peaceful nights were hard to come by but for reasons no one knew, for the next week none of them had a single dream. Not even one.

It was their second week in Dimi's home and none of them had talked to her save for the stolen moments of company away from where others could see them. They hadn't talked to each other either.

No one had any inclination too. But that wasn't gonna stop her.

"You all need to get along," she said as she forced all of them to sit together in the living room. It was still weird to see seven Dimis, one pushing Yoongi to the chair another pulling Jimin by the ear.

They sat together in awkward silence as she went away to do who knows what.

Jimin tried to break the ice,"How long have you guys known her?"

None of them answered. He retreated back into his armchair when, Taehyung leaned forward and said, "14 years."

They all stared at him.

A timid voice spoke, which belonged to Jungkook, "13."

Jin muttered lowly, "4."

They each told their years with her. The least was Namjoon with 2 while the most was Taehyung with 14.

"I know her best," Jungkook said.
"No you don't." Yoongi retorted.
"I think whoever knows her best would be me. I've known her longest," Taehyung said, glaring at both.

"Guys.." Namjoon tried to say. He was getting a feeling that this wasn't going to end well.

"JUST BECASUE YOU'VE KNOWN HER LONGEST DOESNT MEAN SHE'S YOURS!!" Jungkook yelled at Taehyung, losing his temper.

The latter boy retorted back by pushing Jungkook into a chair. "I NEVER SAID SHE WAS MINE!! IT WAS YOUR PATHETIC ASS THAT ASUMED THAT!"

Yoongi tried to hold back Taehyung who looked like he was ready to punch Jungkook. Taehyung threw Yoongi against the wall. The youngest was restrained by Hoseok who was struggling with the thrashing kid.

That was it. That was all needed to provoke all the boys into hurting each other. No one could stake a claim on her. Not without the risk of getting punched in the face.

Namjoon tried to calm everyone down. But Yoongi was looking murderously at Taehyung who was still breathing hard. He pushed Taehyung who collided with Jin, sending him into an angry frenzy.

Hoseok let out a muffled groan as Jungkook elbowed him in the stomach, freeing himself. He turned and glared at Hoseok who pounced on top of Jungkook like a cat.

Namjoon tried to pull Jin off Taehyung but didn't succeed. He was going to lose his mind if this didn't stop.

It was a catfight. No it was worse because if even one of them decided to let their powers lose, it might end up with the living room filled with dead bodies.

Namjoon let out a howl of frustration and the chaos around him came to a halt. Each of the others was on the ground, clutching their heads like someone was raking nails inside their ears.

What Namjoon hadn't realised was that he had projected his power. It had been like a wave, cancelling out everyone's thoughts, forcing them onto the ground.

What Namjoon did realise was that he was going to collapse. He barely reached the couch before his limp body was caught by Jin, who pulled him away from the edge of the furniture.

"GET DIMI!!" He yelled, his eyes wide. Hoseok ran out of the room yelling to the world.

The rest of them stood shocked, stunned and yes, a little bit guilty.

"What the hell happened?!" Dimi appeared on the doorway after Hoseok who kneeled next to Namjoon.

"We fought," Yoongi said. "Namjoon collapsed."

~~~~
"Hi!! I'm Jimin. Can you do me a favour and comment on this chapter? I'm really bored and all the others are too worried about Namjoon hyung. I care about him too I just can't go and see him unconscious like that. Help me out will you? Thanks!"