Chapter 23

IT was a usual day.

Scarlet felt a little better than the previous morning she woke up. The sun was shining and it brightens the bluish skies above. She closed eyes,  feeling better.

She went to the bathroom to do her morning routine. She changed her jammies into maternity dress and went down stairs.

Sa hagdan pa lang amoy na niya ang masarap na amoy ng niluluto ng kung sinuman iyon. It makes her heart jumped when she saw Chad wearing an apron with a laddle facing on to the wook. Suddenly,  the memories of yesterday had flashback.

He was so cute. Who would have thought na ang isang hinahangaan na abogado ay marunong pala magluto? He has a very strick aura. Every one who doesn't know Attorney Dela Vega would think that he hasn't this kind of talent in the kitchen. But they were wrong. Chad is an amazing person despite of making her sad. Scarlet wouldn't deny the fact that she still praises her husband. Husband? It echoed in her head.

It wasn't nice to stress herself. So as much as possible gusto niya na lumayo muna kay Chad. Dumistansiya kung kinakailangan. Pero magagawa ba niya iyon? Magagawa ba niyang iwasan ang asawa lalo na't sabik siya sa tuwing uuwi ito kahit na lagi itong galit sa kanya sa kadahilanang hindi niya alam?

She was about to step backwards when Chad's voice echoed. It was pure manly and it could make every woman's stop in their track.

"Hey, breakfast's ready. You're just on time,  come on, sit here...''he pulled out the chair for her and gestured her to sit down. Although she was stuned at his action, she did follow what he wanted her to do.

It was a little bit awkward, seeing Chad serving her as if they were happily married couple. She shook off the thought and enjoy the moment that she was experiencing now. But she reminded herself not to fully trust with Chad's kindness.

"That's enough, I can get my food on my own and feed myself." the hand of Chad that was holding a serving spoon had stop on the mid air. She wanted to take it back what she said but it was too late. She blurted it out easily.

"I didn't mean it, Im sorry." All she could say afterwards is to apologize to him.

Chad smile a little and pulled out a chair in front of her.

"No harm done, its okay. Nothing to apologize." He said and started to eat his food.

It was a quiet breakfast and Scarlett didn't really mind it. She used to get that atmosphere almost everyday. The silence were filled at the kitchen only the sound of utensils can be heard.

Chad just observing Scarlett from the corner of his eyes. He wanted to hold her, held her hand and feel its softness. He sigh in silent putting the utensils down on his plate as he finished eating. He took a glass of water and drank it and wipe his mouth.

"What do you think would be the gender of our baby?" there is an excitement in Chad's voice. Again, Scarlett was surprise but she didn't show it.

She put down the fork and spoon and reached her milk that was place in her left side.

"No matter what the gender is, is not matter at all." she simply replied. "I'm done. Thanks for the breakfast. You can leave the dishes I will wash it later." she stood up and left the table.

"Scar..."

Scarlet stop walking, she wait for Chad to continue, it takes a little while before she heard him again.

"I want to take you out tonight."

"I don't think I can go. I'm sorry." she replied and continue to walk until she disappeared in Chad's vision.