Chapter thirteen-controlling the devil

Lucy blinked several times as she woke up. She looked around to see herself in the guild infirmary. She could hear people yelling and laughing. She groaned as her head began to pound. She looked to her left and blushed slightly, as she saw Jellal with his head in his hands. He sat in a chair beside her bed.

She gently placed her hand on top of his head, moving her fingers through his hair. He began to stir with a slight yawn. He looked around blinking, his eyes going wide at seeing Lucy awake. "Lucy! How do you feel?" He asked, quickly jumping up and placing his hand to her forehead.

She shivered slightly at his cool touch, her horns still sore. "I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He asked with concern, as he pulled his hand back. She quickly grabbed his hand in both of hers. "No, you didn't hurt me." She said softly. "I'm scared." She confessed. "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." He said, as he gently kissed the top of her head.

There was a knock at the infirmary door. "Come in." Lucy called out. The door opened to reveal natsu, lisanna, Erza, Gray and Wendy. "Hey guys." Lucy said tiredly. "Hey lu. How you feeling?" Natsu asked softly. "I'm alright." She assured. Natsu looked at Jellal before continuing. "Master wants a word with you."

Jellal nodded as he stood and kissed the top of Lucy's head again. "I'll be back in a little while." He told her, as he closed the door behind him. "So, are y'all like a thing now?" Gray asked the question everyone was thinking. Lucy blushed slightly. "I don't know what we are." She said honestly. "But you love him?" Wendy asked smiling.

"I....think I do." Lucy said thoughtfully, blushing slightly. "I'm so happy for you Lucy." Lisanna said with a smile. "Thank you. I'm happy for you too. How is it dating natsu?" She asked giggling. "He's a handful." She said, shaking her head slightly. "I'm not that bad!" Natsu defended, as everyone laughed.

In mokarovs office.

Jellal knocked on the door as he heard the master tell him to enter. He opened the door to find him sitting at his desk filing complaints. He sighed as he straightened a pile of papers. "You wished to see me." Jellal said, clearing his throat.

"Have a seat." Mokarov said, indicating the chair before him. Jellal sat down cautiously. "I have a request of you. A first mission, if you will." Mokarov said. "Yes sir. What do you need?" Jellal asked. Mokarov looked sad for a moment.

"I want you to take Lucy to a town called Beelzebub. I believe there may be someone there who can teach her to control her devil powers." Makorov said, interlocking his fingers. Jellal nodded in understanding. "Yes sir, if that's what you think is best." Jellal said, agreeing.

"Very well, in a few days when Lucy has rested up some you may leave. Don't mention anything until then." Makorov said, becoming serious. "I don't want her getting angry or anything." Makorov said. "If your worried about that, why not just ask her opinion?" Jellal asked. "It's more complicated than that." Makorov said morosely.

"You have to help her control this devil." Mokarov said seriously. "If you don't, Erza is going to kill her." He seemed quiet scared. Jellal shuddered at the thought of Erza killing Lucy. "I promise I'll help her." He said with determination.

Jellal left the masters office and headed back to the infirmary. When he opened the door the rest were gone, Lucy laid in a bed staring at the ceiling. "I wondered if you were coming back." She said, smiling when she saw Jellal. He smiled back at her. "Were else would I go?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I didn't know if Erza was being nice to you or not." She said giggling. He tilted his head to the side in thought. "Oh, she's been civil. You shouldn't worry." He said. She frowned at him. "I know you well enough to know when your not telling me something." She pouted, puffing out her cheeks.

"It's nothing." He said. "So, would you like to go home, stay here or join the guild?" He asked, trying to distract her. "I want to see my friends." She said happily. Jellal smiled at her happiness, as he helped her out of bed. She wobbled slightly as she stood, while Jellal quickly grabbed her waist.

Lucy blushed as she felt the warmth of his hand on her waist. "Thank you." She said, looking up at him. "I guess I'm not used to walking with a tail yet." She said, unhappily looking at her tail. "I think it's kinda cute." Jellal said, quickly blushing and looking away.

He took her hand as he led her to the door. They stepped into the noisy guild hall. Natsu and gray were fighting each other whilst insulting one another. Levi, Wendy and gajeel sat at a table together. Erza sat at the bar eating her strawberry cake.

When the infirmary door opened, everyone turned at the sound. Lucy cautiously looked around at her friends, her family. She could see it..the fear in their eyes. She began to feel self conscious. "Hey luce!" A familiar voice called out. Lucy looked up to see a smiling natsu, happy and lisanna.

"Hey, guys." Lucy said, as a tear ran down her cheek. "Are you okay?" Happy asked, landing on her head. He looked over her horns, they were black with red pointy tips. "I like your horns." He said, as he rubbed his hands over them. Lucy giggled as his fur tickled her horns.

"Nice tail, can I see if I can copy it?" Lisanna asked, holding her hand out. "Um, sure." Lucy said, timidly bringing her tail to Lisannas hand. Lisanna felt her tails magic slip into her, she saw red with black edges. She felt an evil in her stomach as she gasped. Her eyes opened wide in shock as she began to pant.

"Lisanna!?" Lucy yelled, as she grabbed Lisanna before she hit the floor. "I'm so sorry Lisanna!" Lucy pleaded, as tears ran down her face.

End chapter. Hey guys hope you like. If you do please vote and leave a comment, your thoughts are always appreciated.