Chapter thirty two- five years later

It's been five years since Lucy and jellal returned to fairy tail. Lucy was proud and happy, to say that Sylvia had adjusted to the guild quiet nicely. Natsu and Sylvia were still dating, he taught her many ways to use her fire magic; the pair even had secret training sessions. Lucy and jellal had become the best duo in fairy tail, their combo being unstoppable. Lucy could use her devil magic to create a protective orb around her, and any others she chose. She had a roar that could wipe out an entire country, she could also use her wings to fly; and was strong enough to carry two others. Jellals heavenly magic was so powerful he could destroy an entire village with just one meteor.

A lot of relationships had seemed to bloom, Gray and juvia now lived together. Gajeel and Levi were finally an official couple, Romeo and Wendy we're dating. Lisanna had moved on from natsu and was now dating bigslow, not surprising. Erza well, she and laxus were currently together; though things didn't look good. Lucy was shocked when the redhead had told her laxus asked her out, even more so when Erza had accepted. Lucy and Sylvia were best friends, Lucy tolerated natsu as more of a little brother now. Jellal and gray had become pretty close friends, the pair went on double dates often.

Lucy currently sat at the bar in the guild hall, Jellal and gray had run off on a mission leaving her alone with a sobbing juvia. "Why did gray-sama not invite juvia?" Juvia wailed, almost flooding the guild. "They didn't invite me either!" Lucy snapped with her fist raised, her facial expression one of rage. She puffed out her cheeks in anger, crossing her arms across her chest. "They always leave us behind." She huffed. Juvia sighed beside her in agreement.

"You know, you could always go on a mission with me and natsu." Sylvia said behind them, smiling as they turned around to greet her. "Hey Sylvia, you know Jellal would kill me if he came back and I wasn't here." Lucy said, rolling her eyes. Jellal got mad the last time Lucy went on a mission and wasn't at the guild when he returned. He was afraid something terrible happened to her, she scoffed at the very idea. Sylvia pouted, her cheeks puffing out and her arms folded. Her face lit up again when an idea struck her.

"Well, if you can't leave; how about a sparring match?" Sylvia asked, a mischievous grin on her lips. "You sure you wanna take me on?" Lucy asked, quirking an eyebrow. Juvia laughed, covering her mouth with her hand in embarrassment; knowing good and well Lucy was going to win. "Hey, let's make it a game." Natsu said excitedly. "What do you mean?" Sylvia asked. "We can make it like a tournament, You verses Lucy; me verses winner." He said, punching the air with his fists.

"I'm game." Lucy said, a smirk playing at her lips. She had been wanting to challenge natsu since rejoining fairy tail, if that meant beating Sylvia so be it. "Then juvia will fight the winner of that battle." Juvia said, extending her hand; excitement in her eyes. "Let's go!" They all cheered, as they headed into the back valley of the guild. The guild had been destroyed last year, thanks to natsu and gray fighting. When the guild was rebuild, they installed an indoor pool; so the back was a vast valley used for sparing and training.

Lucy stood on her side of the valley, her head tilted towards the sun; enjoying its warmth. Sylvia stood on the opposite side of the valley, her fists raised before her. Lucy chuckled at Sylvia's stance, natsu taught her close combat huh?" "Ok, on the count of three. One, two....three!" Natsu screamed, throwing a white handkerchief in the air. Lucy back flipped out of the way, as Sylvia jumped at her with her fists ablaze. A smirk spread on Lucy's lips as she activated her protective sphere.

An orb surrounded her, it had a light golden hue to the edges; clear so you could see through. As fragile as the orb looked, it could withstand three of Jellals meteors at a time. She levitated into the air a couple feet, hovering in the air bobbing up and down. She giggled at the look of shock on Sylvia's face. "That's cheating!" She screamed, stamping her foot like a child.