Chapter twenty- erzas punishment

Jellal and Lucy held hands on the carriage ride back into magnolia. Erza sat looking out the window with an unconscious Natsus head in her lap. He had been whining of motion sickness, so she punched him in the stomach knocking him out. "What do you think the master will do to me?" Erza asked out loud. Jellal and Lucy glanced at one another.

"I'm not really sure." Lucy said thoughtfully. "I'm sure it won't be to bad though." She shrugged. "Yeah, I mean how often do you get punished?" Jellal asked. Erza nodded in agreement. "True, this will be my first time." She said. She still felt uneasy about going back to fairy tail. She couldn't face her friends with what she had done. "Look, when we get there i'll talk to Master." Lucy said kindly, placing her hand over Erzas.

Erza looked up at Lucy thankfully. "Thank you, for forgiving me." She said sincerely. "It means a lot.

"Of course, what are friends for?" Lucy asked with a smile. She laid her head on Jellals shoulder. "We're close." Erza said, turning her gaze out of the window once more. She could see magnolia coming into the distance. "I can't wait to see Levi." Lucy said happily. "Oh, and I can't forget about happy." She giggled. "He might be mad at you." Jellal said with a smirk.

"Why would he be mad at me?" Lucy asked becoming sad. Jellal smiled slightly before answering. "You've been gone this long and didn't think to bring him a fish." Jellal said, shaking his head in disappointment. Lucy and Erza both burst into laughter. "You'll have to face the mighty wrath of happy." Erza said between giggles.

"Here's your stop ladies and gent." The carriage driver said, as he stopped in front of fairy tail. Natsu instantly awoke as the carriage stopped. "Land!!" He cried happily as he jumped from the carriage. "I hope Mira's ready to cook because I'm ready to eat." He laughed, as the walked into the guild. "You've got this." Lucy whispered in Erzas ear. She nodded as she became determined.

Jellal Lucy and Erza walked through the guild doors together. "Lu-chan!" A voice yelled, as Lucy was knocked onto her butt. Levi was so excited to see her she tackled her to the ground in a hug. "Iv missed you so much!" Levi wailed into Lucy's shoulder. Lucy rubbed her back as she let her friend cry on her shoulder. "I missed you too, Levi." Lucy said thoughtfully, as she looked around the guild.

Everyone was standing around watching them, some crying others smiling and everyone happy. Lucy pulled Levi to her feet as she stood. She looked around at her friends, her family. "I'm home!" Lucy yelled happily, as she held her arms out to the guild in a hug. Wendy came running onto Lucy's arms with tears staining her face. "I thought you were gone forever!" She accused. "What, and leave my little sister behind?" Lucy asked as she hugged Wendy tightly. The pair laughed as they hugged one another.

"Glad to see you back Lucy." Gray said, as he walked to Lucy's side holding juvias hand. Juvia was blushing red at the contact with gray. Lucy looked from gray to juvia then to their joined hands. "About damn time!" She yelled, shocking them. Everyone began to laugh happily. Happy flew into Lucy's chest. "Luchy!" He yelled happily. "Happy!" Lucy screamed. "I'm so happy to see you! We're my fish!?" He asked. "I'm sorry happy, I don't have one. But, I promise I'll get you one." She said quickly. "Okay!" He said, as his face lit up.

"So, my brats finally returned huh?" Masters voice could be heard down the stairs. "Master!" Lucy yelled happily, as she raced to him giving him a bone crushing hug. "I missed you." She whispered. "I missed you too my child." He whispered back, as he hugged her tightly. "You look as beautiful as the day you arrived." He told her with a smile. "Thank you." She said self consciously, as she fiddled with her horns. Master turned to glare at Erza. "What were you thinking?!" He yelled.

Erza hung her head in disappointment. "I'm so sorry Master, please forgive me." She said hastily. The master gathered his breath as though he was fixing to give her a major speech. "Master?" Lucy asked, gaining his attention. "Can I talk to you in private? Before you reprimand Erza." She said quickly. The master thought a moment before nodding.

He led Lucy up the stairs and into his office before closing the door behind them. "What did you wish to speak of?" Master asked, as he sat behind his chair. "I guess the elderly man already informed you of what happened?" Lucy asked, as master nodded. "I just want you to know that yes, Erza tried to slit my throat and yes she stabbed Jellal through the heart. However, jellal and I both forgive Erza." She said, letting her words sink in.

"Master, when I went into the cave to receive this sword." She began, placing the sword atop his desk. "I was given a choice, of good or evil. I had the choice to let my anger consume me, or be consumed with kindness and understanding. I wasn't sure what choice I had made, until coming face to face with Erza. When I looked at her, all I could see was my friend." She told the master, crying slightly.

The master sat there listening to Lucy's speech. "I know what Erza did was wrong, and to some unforgivable. I just want you to know before deciding what to do, that we hold no ill will for her." Lucy concluded with a smile. Master sat there thoughtfully, his hands interlocked. "I will take that in to consideration." He said thoughtfully.

Lucy nodded in understanding as she stood to leave his office. "Thank you Master." She said, as she closed the door behind her. She walked down the stairs to join her guild mates, to find natsu and gray in a fight; as usual. Lucy giggled as happy flew into her chest. "Luchy!" He yelled happily. "Happy!" Lucy screamed. "I'm so happy to see you! Were's my fish!?" He asked. "I'm sorry happy, I don't have one. But, I promise I'll get you one." She said quickly. "Okay!" He said, as his face lit up. Everything finally felt as though it was back to normal. She joined Wendy and Levi at a table joining their conversation.

Master sat in his office a moment longer. He went over his options for Erzas punishment. None of which boded we'll, natsu was sure to throw a fit. "Better get down there, before the magic council does." He muttered to himself, as he pushed his chair back. He walked out of his office and down the stairs just as the guild doors opened. "Crap." Master whispered to himself.

He walked to the center of the guild and halted. A woman walked into the guild, only there was something different about her. For instance, her appearance was that of a frog; or toad if you will. "Master Makorov, may we speak in private?" A croaky feminine voice said. "Yes, we may." Makorov said. Master led the council official to his office, where they talked before returning.

The council woman surveyed the guild members before speaking. "Erza scarlet, please step forward." She said in her croaky voice. Erza stepped to the center of the guild. "Yes ma'am." She said boldly. "Your recent crimes have not gone unnoticed." The council woman said. The guild members began to mumble amongst themselves, some not knowing what she was talking about. Only a few knew what happened.

"Yes ma'am....." Erza began, as she was cut off by Makorov. "Hmhm, Serena." Makorov coughed, moving her to continue. "Right." Serena said, catching on. "Mrs Erza scarlet, as of right now you are arrested for crimes I shall not name." She said with a smile towards Erza, who nodded in thanks. "I am here to escort you back to the magic council, we're your crimes shall be punished." She said croakily. Erza nodded in understanding as she held her hands before her, ready to be handcuffed.

Serena stepped forward, cuffing Erzas hands. "I'm sorry, my dear." She whispered croakily. Erza looked to master Makorov, who nodded at her. "Thank you, for understanding." Erza whispered, as she was led from the guild hall. Natsu begun to holler as she was taken. "Natsu! We'll speak of it later!" Master hollered, as he smacked natsu to the ground; by enlarging his arm and fist.

Lucy walked up to Erza, hugging her tightly. "How long will she be given?" Lucy asked Serena. "Well, since she didn't kill anyone she might only get a few years. However, the evidence against her doesn't look good." Serena said sadly. "I promise to do all I can." She nodded. Lucy smiled at Erza in encouragement. "Don't worry, we'll get you out. I promise." Lucy said kindly.

Erza smiled at Lucy, as she was led from the guild.

End chapter.
Hey guys hope you enjoyed. Please vote and comment your thoughts. I love to hear from you! 👋