Chapter ten- jellal joins fairy tail

Lucy arose in a dark, cold place. She shivered as she got her knees beneath her. Her arms were tied behind her back, her legs were also bound. She sighed as she placed her back to the wall. "Great, another cell." She thought to herself.

She looked around to find a man, hidden in shadow. "Ah!" She gasped, as she spotted him. "Who are you?" She asked, trying to rid the fear from her voice. The man chuckled as he glanced at her. "Your worst fear, always appears at midnight." He smirked.

Her eyes grew wide at realizing who it was. "Midnight?" She spat. "I thought you were in jail."

"Got our early." He chuckled, as he stepped closer to the cage. "We need money to make it out of the city. Someone's willing to pay a high price for you." He smirked, before shooting an orb of green and black magic at her; knocking her out.

Back with jellal.

Jellal finished packing the last of his supplies and headed toward the boats. He hummed as he floated over the water towards the docks. As the boat boarded he noticed natsu and lisanna unconscious. He rushed to Natsus side, gently shaking him.

"Natsu! Natsu, wake up." Jellal said, as natsu began to stir. "Natsu, what happened?" He asked, as natsu sat up; rubbing his head. Natsu quickly looked around, sniffing the air. "Those bastards!" He cursed, punching the ground. "They took Lucy!" He shouted in rage.

"What did they look like?" Jellal asked, as he helped natsu to his feet. "It was that bastard midnight." Natsu snarled. "Are you sure?" Jellal asked. "Positive." Natsu said.

"We should head back to the guild and let master know." Lisanna said, coming to their side. "Lis, you ok?" Natsu asked, rushing to her side. "I'm fine Natsu." She said, blushing as he kissed her cheek.

"I agree with lisanna. You two should go back to fairy tail. I'll start looking for their hideout and let you know what I find."  Jellal said, already heading down the dock.

"Wait!" Natsu yelled. "Come with us. Lucy would want you to come with us." He said, hoping Jellal would Listen. "I've done wrong by Lucy. She's my best friend and I treated her like garbage. I have to make amends, and if taking you to fairy tail helps any; then so be it." Natsu finished, breathing heavily.

"Alright. If that's what you think we should do then." Jellal said, joining them back at the docks. "Alright! To fairy tail!" Natsu cheered happily, as they headed for the guild.

Back at fairy tail.

Erza sat at the bar eating her strawberry cake. Gray sat beside her rapping his fingers on the bar. Mira was behind the bar cleaning glasses. "Hmm." Mira sighed as she continued to clean.

"Everything Alright Mira?" Gray asked with concern. "Oh, just worried about lisanna is all." She said sweetly. "Don't worry, Natsus with her. I'm sure she's fine and on her way home." Erza said with confidence, nodding her head.

Shortly after finishing her sentence, the guild doors burst open; to reveal natsu, lisanna and jellal. "Were is Master?" Natsu asked, glancing around. "Natsu!" Erza called, gaining his attention. "What is the meaning of this?" She asked, as five swords appeared before her.

"Calm down, he's with us. You wanna hurt him, you go through me." Natsu said, standing protectively in front of Jellal. "He wants to help find Lucy. Midnight and his crew kidnapped her." He informed, hoping to calm her down. She lowered the sword in her hand as the others disappeared.

"Please." Jellal said, stepping past Natsu. "I know I have hurt the fairy tail guild and many of its members. But, I have spent the past three months with Lucy. I wouldn't do anything to hurt her. I would sacrifice my life to protect her. I.....I think....I love her." Jellal confessed.

The guild went quiet at his words. "Is that really how you feel?" A voice asked. Everyone looked to the top of the stairs to see master. "Yes sir." Jellal said, looking into mokarovs eyes, hoping he would see the sincerity behind them. "Well then, welcome to fairy tail." He said, smiling and holding out his arms.

The guild cheered at their new arrival, some skeptical, others not knowing who Jellal even is. Erza seemed unsure, but didn't say anything. She promised herself to keep a close watch on him. It hurt slightly, knowing he had moved on so quickly; and to someone she knew and considered a friend.

"So, you love her?" Erza asked shyly, as she walked up behind Jellal. He turned to face her, a small smile spread on his lips. "I'm sorry Erza, I loved you when we were kids. I cannot take back my actions of evil against you. All I can do is beg for your forgiveness. Spending these past three months with Lucy has changed me. I want to do good." Jellal spoke, as a tear slid down his cheek.

Erza felt her breath catch in her throat. She couldn't believe the change she saw in him. She could tell he wasn't lying this time. She smiled as she placed both hands on his shoulders. He looked up at her shocked, eyes opened wide as she pulled him in to a hug. "I'm proud of you, jellal." She said softly. "Thank you." He said, hugging her back and smiling.

With Lucy.

"Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkk!" Lucy squealed, as a mouse ran past her legs. Her cheeks puffed out in anger as she gathered her breath. "You better let me out of here right now or..." she paused, thinking of something bad. She smiled as it came to her. "Or my best friend is going to burn you to a crisp!" She shouted.

She didn't understand why even now under these circumstances, she considered natsu her best friend. She had spent the last three months training with jellal. When thinking of him her stomach began to swim. It felt as though a thousand butterfly's were flying in there. "What does this mean?" She questioned herself.

"Oh? Are you referring to natsu?" Midnight spoke from the shadows. He stepped into the light smirking. "I'm planning on it, I already encountered him at the docks." He said, waving his hand in the air. Lucy's eyes widened in shock. "What did you do to him?!" She yelled, struggling against the chains.

Midnight smirked again as he began to chuckle. "Oh, don't worry he's alive. His little girlfriend is still breathing too." He said, tilting his head to the side. Lucy looked confused for a moment. Who could Natsus girlfriend be? Her eyes went wide when it came to her. Lisanna!

Lucy glared up at midnight, gathering all her strength. "You better not hurt them!" She said, as she glared at him. If looks could kill midnight would be dead right now.

Hey guys. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry it took so long.