Chapter thirty-lucy and jellals date

Lucy had butterflies in her stomach, as she looked in the mirror. Tonight was the night she and jellal were to go on their very first date. It was early morning, the birds sang outside the window. Lucy was waiting for Levi, juvia, Wendy, Sylvia, Erza and lisanna to arrive. They had decided to have a girls day to go shopping. Lucy and Sylvia both needed dresses for their dates. Natsu and Sylvia were going the following night to a fancy restaurant in crocus. Lucy doubted natsu could afford a place like that, so she figured Sylvia was buying.

A knock could be heard at the door, Lucy swiftly approached to open the door for her friends. She smiled as she gazed at the girls before her. "Hey everyone." Lucy said happily, as she grabbed her keys from the counter. She locked the door behind her as they headed to the shopping district. Lucy gazed in awe at all the different shops, Sylvia also gazed in awe; for she had never seen so many clothes.

They shopped for hours, stopping at every store. Juvia and Erza had both found items to purchase, even Wendy found a cute little blue and white dress she thought Romeo might like. Levi was currently looking at skirts of different colors, her cheeks slightly pink. Sylvia had been staring at a beautiful silver dress for the past thirty minutes. "If you want it get it." Lucy said, as she looked at the dress. It was sleeveless with fur rimming the shoulders. The dress hung to mid thigh with a slight tear in the side for mobility. "Do you think natsu would like it?" Sylvia asked blushing slightly. Lucy smiled as she nodded. "Yeah I do." She said.

Sylvia ended up getting the dress, while Levi settles on a black skirt with silver designs running along the edges. Lucy sighed as she had yet to find anything in this store. "Everyone ready to move on?" Lucy asked, as everyone gathered their bags. They continued on to two more stores before Lucy finally found it, the perfect dress. Hanging on a mannequin in the corner of the store, stood a floor length black dress. It's sleeves were down to the elbow flowing slightly, a slit ran down the side for mobility. The dress had a slight sparkle to it, catching Lucy's attention. Lucy said goodbye to her friends as she headed back to her apartment.

Jellal stood in the mirror, a slight frown on his lips. "What's wrong?" Gray asked, observing Jellals black tux with a blue tie. "Something doesn't feel right, like Lucy isn't going to like something." Jellal said, adjusting his tie. Gray chuckled slightly before answering. "Don't worry, if your wearing it; Lucy will like it." He smirked, as Jellal blushed slightly. Clearing his throat, jellal glanced once more in the mirror. The clock on the wall chimed noon causing Jellal to jump. "Crap, I have to go make the reservations." Jellal said, quickly changing back into his clothes.

He rushed to the restaurant he knew Lucy loved, the Tomekko Restaurant. They had recently upgraded the building due to natsu and gray frighting in the streets. He rushed inside to find a man standing behind a podium. "How may I help you?" The man asked with an elegant tone. "Yes, I would like to make a reservation for two; tonight at 7." Jellal said kindly. "And the name?" The man asked, jotting down the reservation. "Heartfilia." Jellal said with a small smile. "Don't be late." The man said with a smirk.

Jellal rushed back to grays apartment, stopping at a flower shop on the way. He also came across a jewelry store, a necklace with a sun hanging from it caught his eye; it had a slight halo like gold ring around it. He smiled as he payed the cashier, carefully placing the bag in his inside pocket. He sighed when entering grays place, glad he hadn't forgotten the reservations. "So, what's next?" Gray asked. Jellal looked at the clock, surprised it was already two. "I have a few more things to prepare." Jellal said, a glint in his eye.

Lucy hummed as she stepped from her bath, the steam fogging up the mirror.she summoned cancer to place her hair in an elegant bun, strands hanging around her face. She slipped into her elegant black dress, adorning a yellow butterfly in her hair. She slipped silver flats upon her feet before heading out the door and down the street to the restaurant.

Jellal paced slightly outside the restaurant, nervousness and excitement keeping him moving. He stopped, his eyes scanning the street for his beauty. His breath caught in his throat when he lauded eyes on her, her hair up in a bun; strands ascending down her face. He was lost for words as she stopped before him, a smile playing at her lips. "Are those for me?" She asked with a slight giggle, pointing to the two roses in Jellals hands. "Ah, ahem. Yes, these are for you." Jellal said awkwardly, giving Lucy the flowers.

He offered her his arm as he led her to the entrance of the restaurant. She slid her hand around his bicep, blushing at the masculinity of it. He led her threw the throngs of tables to the back, were they were in a secluded area. He pulled the chair out for her, gently placing it back for her as she sat down. He sat across from her, signaling a waitress. "Yes sir?" The man asked when approaching. "I would like your best bottle of wine please." Jellal said politely with a smile. The mad nodded and smiled as he went to fetch it.

"This place is really nice." Lucy commented, glancing around. She noticed many elegant paintings on the walls of women dressed in wonderful clothes. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, sparking beautifully. "And yet, it could never compare to the beauty of you." He said, a small blush on his cheeks. "Thank you." She said fondly, smiling at him; a small blush creeping up her neck. "Oh, this is for you." He said, passing her a beautifully wrapped box. She carefully pulled the ribbon from it, gasping at the beauty of the necklace before her.

"Wow." She gasped. "This is beautiful." She pulled the necklace from the box. Jellal stood offering his hand for the necklace. "May I?" He asked politely. "You may." She said, handing him the necklace. He lightly brushed her neck with his knuckles as he clasped the necklace. She smiled up at him as she lightly took his hand in hers. He kissed her knuckles lightly before returning to his seat. They enjoyed their meal, talking softly. They enjoyed the moonlight on their walk back to Lucy's apartment.

Jellal stopped Lucy before entering the stairwell. "Did you have fun tonight?" He asked, placing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Yes I did, thank you." She said, blushing slightly. "For you, my heart, anything." He said, as he placed his fingertips to her chin. He raised her head upwards, leaning down slightly. He softly placed his lips upon hers, savoring the way she tasted; of strawberries.

End chapter.
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did please leave a vote and comment of your thoughts. Thank you so much. Next chapter natsu and Sylvia's date.