Part 12: Awkward dinners

After their epic night together Grace and Rosie finally got out of bed. Grace had made them pancakes for breakfast as they sat outside to eat them. Rosie couldn't help but notice Grace looking slightly fidgety as she sat there off in her own little world.

"Gracie...everything ok?" She asked.

"Hmm? Y-Yeah sure. Why wouldn't it be?" Grace quickly replied.

Rosie just quirked her eyebrow and went back to her food. Grace had already finished hers and just sat there gently tapping her fingers on the table, it was a nervous twitch she would sometimes have, it didn't go unnoticed by the girl sitting opposite her.

After eating her last piece of pancake Rosie couldn't take it any longer.

"Ok, Grace what is up?" She asked.

"Nothing."

"Na uh, not gonna work. Just tell me." Rosie replied.

Grace sighed and then took a deep breath before she thrusted a black velvet box towards her fiancée. Rosie was slightly shocked but she couldn't stop the big smile that started to form from the knowledge of what was inside the box to the adorableness of Gracie's nerves.

"Open it." Grace nervously told her as she started to bite her thumb nail.

Grace was extremely nervous about this. She hopes that Rosie likes it.

Rosie gently opened the box and she didn't think it was possible but her smile grew tenfold and even a few tears began to form in her eyes.

"Oh my god...Gracie." Rosie's voice cracked as her emotions took over.

She knew they were already engaged their parents had already started and practically finished their wedding plans but now that she had a ring and not just any ring it was a fricking rock! It all just seemed more real. They were finally getting married.

"Do you like it?" Grace hesitantly asked.

Rosie stood up, grabbed the ring and then pretty much threw herself onto Grace's lap and crashed their lips together. Totally taking Grace by surprise.

"I love it! I love you!" Rosie practically yelled with a laugh.

She handed the ring to Grace so she could put it on her. Rosie held out her left hand as Grace slowly slid the ring on then pressed a soft kiss to it once it was firmly in place.

-

Becky had slept on the couch that night as she offered her bed for Hannah to sleep in. Her apartment wasn't very big. It only had two bedrooms so Max and Cooper had to share whenever they came to stay with their mom.

Hannah told her that she didn't have to give up her bed and that she could have stayed on the couch or gone back home but Becky insisted and besides she wanted to spend more time with her wife the next day.

The blonde was woken up when a little hand started poking her in the stomach. She cracked open one eye and saw her youngest standing there with a big smile. Becky smiled back at her little boy.

"Hey Coop." She mumbled.

"Morning mommy." He signed.

It didn't upset her as much as it used to the fact that she would never hear her son speak but every now and then she would get upset about it. When the doctors told her and Hannah that he had a tumour on his larynx they both freaked out and were absolutely terrified. After his surgery Becky kind of went through a denial phase not believing that her son will never talk. But with Hannah's help and her friends she got through it.