Part 35: Fly high angel

Lauren rushed into the high school and made her way down the corridors towards her wife's office. She barely got anything out of Camila over the phone so she just got up and decided to go to her instead. It broke her heart listening to her wife cry, Lauren just wanted to hold her and tell her everything was going to be ok.

Lauren ran the last few steps till she got to Camila's office feeling slightly out of breath she needed to calm down she really didn't want to worry her wife when she was already upset. Lauren took several deep breaths and made sure she was fine before she carefully opened the door and found her wife sitting on the floor, knees pulled up to her chest and her head bowed. It was obvious that she was crying because her body was shaking ever so slightly.

Lauren could never bear to see her wife cry without crying herself so as she closed the door and came over to Camila sitting beside her she could feel her eyes watering up.

"Camila." Lauren all but whispered.

The brunette uncurled herself and then buried her head into her wife's shoulder. Lauren instantly wrapped her arms around her pulling her in close and trying to bring some kind of comfort.

They sat like that for a long while with Lauren gently brushing Camila's hair, kissing her head and whispering words of comfort. Lauren still had no idea why her wife was this distraught. All the phone call consisted of was her wife telling her she needed her. Whatever it was...it was bad and Lauren dreaded hearing it.

After a while Camila's tears began to slow and her tight grip on her wife loosened. Lauren brushed back her wife's hair that had fallen into her face and with a tissue she wiped away the remaining tears on her cheeks.

Camila just looked so sad and small Lauren just wanted to hold on and never let go.

"Are you ready to talk?" Lauren gently asked.

Camila nodded slowly and after mentally preparing herself she finally told Lauren.

"My um...my dad c-called...there was...there was a complication...a-a clot or something after the operation...Lauren my dad...he didn't make it he's...d-dead." Camila burst into tears.

Lauren was shocked and devastated she and Leonardo were always close he always made her laugh and he was such a kind and loving man he was more of a father to her than her own...but there was no time to let her emotions get to her. She needed to be strong for Camila.

"Camila...I'm so sorry." Lauren murmured through her own tears as she hugged her wife.

The next few hours went by as a blur to Camila. She wasn't sure how she got out of her office and was now laying on her bed with her wife laying behind her rubbing soothing circles on her tummy.

Lauren had just finished doing the horrible task of letting everyone know. Their children were understandably devastated to hear of their grandpa's passing. The three Jauregui children were all down stairs dealing with it together while Lauren made sure her wife was ok.

Grace sat between her sister and brother on the couch in the living room. All three were stunned by the news. Charlie silently cried on her sister's shoulder as Grace held her, Grace herself couldn't hold back her emotions though she tried to be strong for her siblings. Toby sat there trying his hardest not to cry but was failing miserably. Grace just wrapped her arm around his shoulder and pulled him into her other side. Toby gave in and rested his head on his big sister's shoulder and Grace gave him a quick kiss on his head.

The trio sat there for a long while not really saying anything but taking comfort from each other.

"Mama's gonna take this hard." Grace softly spoke.