Part 47: Seal the deal

It was their last night in the land down under. The Marshall family were camped out under the stars just a few kilometres out of Hannah's home town of Darwin. They weren't huge campers but they decided to do it on their last night there. They ate all things Australian, Hannah had made them some damper and they roasted some lamb over the fire as they watched a game of footy on the small portable TV. It was getting late though and they had a big and long day tomorrow at the airport so Becky and Hannah put the boys to bed in their two person tent before they headed to their own.

Becky finished unrolling their sleeping bags while Hannah zipped up their tent and turned on the small lamp so they could see what they were doing. They both then settled down cuddling up together sighing in contentment.

"Wait." Becky broke the silence, her body stiffening up.

"What?" Hannah asked with concern.

"I'm not gonna wake up tomorrow to find that a dingos got my baby am I?" Becky asked in her fake Aussie accent and a cheeky grin.

Hannah just laughed. She couldn't help it.

"Shut up! That's a true story a baby died it's not funny." Hannah tried to scold her wife but her giggles totally weren't helping right now.

Becky just laughed at her wife and pulled her in close.

"You're terrible Muriel." Hannah mumbled.

The couple soon fell into a comfortable silence just lying there together a million miles away from their home without a care in the world. It was nice not having to constantly think about all the drama that had plagued their lives the last year. While on their holiday they could just forget it all and be happy but they knew as soon as they got back they would have to deal with it all again. Valerie's trail would be coming up and Becky was still dealing with her issues about the whole ordeal as well as dealing with her horrible parents. Hannah could not deny that going to see Diane was the best thing Becky had ever done.

"It's back to real life tomorrow." Becky sighed sadly.

"It's gone quick." Hannah noted.

"It'll be good to see everyone again, though I'm gonna miss this place." Becky added.

"Me too...I'm so glad we came. I'm glad I got to show our boys where they come from. I mean I know Max isn't really Australian not by blood anyway but...he's my boy so..." Hannah shrugged slightly.

"He's half Australian too." Becky stated.

Hannah smiled and then placed a barely there kiss on her wife's lips. Clearly that wasn't enough though because Becky just pulled her back in for a more firm kiss. A kiss that went on and on they only stopped because humans need oxygen to live.

"Bec-"

"Hannah it's been over two months of sharing a room with our sons and little to no action between us. Please stop talking and make love to me under the Southern Cross." Becky demanded.

The brunette was a little speechless after that so alls she could really say was.

"Kay."

-

Since they drove them to the airport Grace and Rosie were waiting there to pick them up. Both girls were excited to see their friends again. Yes even Rosie was excited though she tried to hide that fact. Their plane had already landed and they were probably going through customs right now. Grace sat on the chair happily eating an ice cream cone while Rosie stood close by. They saw Max and Cooper first as they ran over to their two favourite aunts. Rosie pulled Max into a big bear hug while Grace wrapped her arms around little Cooper as he jumped up onto the bench next to her.