Part 22: Prom

Ok so here is some happy times because the last chapter was a bit of a downer lol.

************************************

Flashback

~~~ Prom Night ~~~

Grace nervously walked up to her mom who was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper.

"Mom?"

"Yeah baby." Lauren replied not really taking her eyes off the article she was reading.

"Um...I...I need your help." Grace stuttered.

Lauren looked up a little worried.

"What's wrong?"

"Well...I may have done something really stupid and now I can't get out of it." Grace sighed.

Lauren was getting more worried now.

"What did you do?"

"I...may have told Rosie that...I told her I'd wear a stupid dress to prom and now I have to go dress shopping." Grace replied with a pout.

Lauren was quite shocked. Grace had never worn a dress like...ever! Only when she was a baby and even then she hated wearing them. Grace had always been a tomboy. She liked wearing pants and comfortable shoes and she loved playing sports, she even preferred to play with her brother's toys instead of her own dolls. How Lauren didn't even suspect that her daughter might be gay is a total mystery. After the shock wore off Lauren couldn't help but smile. She loved her daughter and she accepted her for who she was but Lauren had always wanted Grace to dress up in a pretty dress just once.

"Oh my god Gracie I will be more than happy to help! Oh we could make a day of it! We could go down to the mall and look at all the formal dress shops and go shoe shopping! Uh it's gonna be so much fun! We can take Becky with us oooh and Beth!" Lauren replies in excitement.

Grace did not look at all as excited as her mom did. In fact she was pretty much cringing right now.

"Great." She weakly replied.

That weekend Lauren, Beth and Becky dragged Grace to the mall to look for a dress. Hannah had taken Max out for the day to play in the park...Grace was super jealous of that.

"Stop complaining." Becky snapped.

"But I'm so bored." Grace whined.

"Gracie we only just got here." Lauren replied.

"I know! And I'm already bored."

"Come on it'll be fun!" Beth smiled.

Grace just glared at them all. She really hated having to do this...stupid sexy Rosie making her do things.

The four women headed into the first shop. There were hundreds of different styles of dresses in hundreds of different colours.

Lauren, Beth and Becky all headed off in different directions looking at all the pretty dresses while Grace just stood there looking a little lost and a lot bored. She browsed at some of the jewellery by the wall until that got tiresome so she sat down on one of the small sofas that were near the changing rooms. She reached for her phone when she felt it buzzing.

R: Having fun? ;)

Grace just rolled her eyes and replied.

G: I'm having a hoot of a time

R: LOL poor baby.

G: :(

R: just remember I'm wearin red so get something that will match & make us the hottest couple there!