7/24/2015: Writer of time

Words; adjectives, verbs, nouns, adverbs, and pronouns. They are all used when we express ourselves with ink and paper, but they not always are enough to express all that we feel inside. Sometimes we lack of words when trying to explain our emotions, our heart. And just like we struggle against the reality that some things are simply inexplicable, this is one; the writing of time. In other words, the writing of our destiny. While I am a strong believer of destiny and I leave things that have to happen up to him to decide, I admit that I also like to write on my own, write what I want to happen. And I know that things that are meant to be will always find their way, but what if we can change them? Or at least, make them even better? I have determined by now, after many disappointments from destiny's hands, that I can be the writer I always dream about, too. I can change what is predestined if I believe, just like anything else. I must believe in my power, in my ability to put things together in an interesting and unique way so that others can understand better. I need to trust my instinct and that madness inside of my that makes my hand fly across the paper, like it has a pair a wings and which have the urge to not stop. I will depend on what my heart tells me to write and forget about the words. I don't need words, I need feelings. So now you know. You don't need to be a perfect writer nor an expert at putting sentences together. You don't need to follow the proper rules of literature that teach you in English class. You can write however you want, without complete sentences and improper punctuation. It's okay. Remember, it is not for a grade. You simply let your soul float around you for a while, disconnect from the world, and let all those emotions trapped inside of you flee free out of your heart and through your fingertips. Once you've acknowledged that your writing doesn't have to be perfect, write! Let everything out. And it doesn't matter if you reread the text and it doesn't really make sense. Who cares? Those who understand you, the ones that feel the same way, will get your point and message. It's all about empathy, and I'm glad to admit that that is exactly the base and support of this blog. Because you readers know what I am feeling and the words seem to link together as you read, making the main message visible to your eyes. Now, it is your turn. Write without a purpose, simply for fun, to let the time pass, and most importantly to clean the mess within your soul. Get rid of those thoughts and emotions that are confusing you. Change their habitat, moving them from the cage of your heart into the cage of the paper; at least this way they won't overwhelm you anymore, and you will in a future enjoy going back to it, and reading it. Write everything and anything you want; stories, novels, dialogues, poems, quotes, letters; letters to the future. You will enjoy reading them after some time. You will smile as you see how things have changed, (if they have), and at knowing how different things were back then when you wrote the letter. You'll see if you were right, or if you were insane, if everything you once wrote yourself in now nonsense to you. If you don't manage to understand the writing of the old you, see it as a good thing; you have changed, grown and matured. Remember that things always change, they don't stay a particular way forever. So if you have by now mastered step 1: acknowledging you can write with your own rules, join me in the writing of time. Write a letter to your future self. Ask questions and let everything you've learned (including from this blog) down on the paper in front of you. And in a few months, a year or two, or even three, go back to it. Read it and without fear visit the past. Not only will you enjoy it, but it can also help you to write your next letter; your own destiny.