6/23/2015: New Year's Resolution #1: Stop Planning My Life

The New Year comes like a beast looking for its prey and we are searching within our heads for a new resolution or goal; something to change or improve to make our lives easier and better- WONDERFUL. This past New Year I decided to write my resolution down, to make it a thing, to have it present somewhere, and not just flying within the mess of thoughts that my head is. I take the list and read it. It says: stress less, work hard, get good grades, save for traveling, love myself and be happy. When I'm done I realize I forgot one more important thing; stop planning ahead. I must stop trying to change something I don't have a say on. I can't plan something that isn't within my reach: my future. I don't know what will happen or what won't; I don't know where I'll be next, nor what I'll study, but I don't need to. I CAN'T PLAN IT. Maybe I can work to get near it, but not change it. I will trust my fate to bring what has to come, and I'll love and deal with it in every way. Our destiny is already written, not within the stars or somewhere in the galaxy, but within ourselves, and where we can't reach yet, not until the future comes. I'm that type of person who wants everything planned out, and even though I'm an expert in organizing papers and important school material, I'm a loser at organizing my future. I just can't. Nobody can. So how should we work to achieve the future we dream of? We all wonder...

The answer is:

Work on the present, focus on the now because it's the nearest step to the future you desire. Know that the now is changeable, within your reach. You can just extend you arm and change the combination that will lead you to what you want. Just like a safe box; whatever you put in it, the effort you give to the now, will eventually come out once you earn it, and in a future. With believing you can change the future with holding onto the present you will be able to achieve everything you want this year. It's not too late to start now. So, pick you goals, put them inside and work hard to earn the combination; the combination to HAPPINESS.