6/15/2015: Escaping the maze

And just like that I wasn't afraid anymore. My feet accelerated my pace and I was walking again, without clear destination, but headed somewhere, to a better future. The fear that once filled my body had banished as fast as it had come, and was now replaced by a new emotion, a new motive that pushed me to be even more confused. My thoughts could be classified into two groups: the logical and the emotional. These lived inside me as rivals who fought wars to gain over my control, and they caused my thinking to become obtuse. I didn't know what to do, who to call out for help, nor what direction my step had to be taken. I was lost in a maze of problems. Suddenly I came to a splitting of the main path. At this point my route evolved into two smaller routes; one to the right and the other to the left. The one on the right looked foreign, new, like nothing I had ever seen, while the one on the left looked familiar and known to me. What was I to do now? I stood there, on my feet, and looking for a sign that could tell me the right way out of the maze. Who knew how long it would be before I would make a decision.

We all face times when decisions need to be made, and when continuing isn't as easy as they taught us when we were barely kids. "This will greatly affect your future..." adults would say with their logical voices and making it seem as though decision-making was fun and easy. But they didn't caution us about how confusing it would become as the thoughts blocked us from the truth. When we are blinded by our thoughts we must sit down, breathe deep, and think: a) should I try again with an old strategy, something familiar that has already failed once, or b) should I change the strategy into a foreign and new one? I you chose option a), you would've fallen into the same bad situation, and like in the maze would have taken the wrong way that led to the very beginning again. But, if you chose option b), you would be walking through a new path, full with opportunities. With peace between thoughts, no fear, nor confusion, and some hope, you would find yourself walking forward, enduring the path of the present, but never losing sight of what's to come, your way out: the future.