7/7/2015: Kinds of perfection

How crazy it is that we know how the picture we want to take must looklike and that makes the process less enjoyable? Isn't it ironic how muchwe tell ourselves to hold onto the present yet we can't, because we have oureyes set on the future already? We all dream about our future. We allpicture, in our minds, that idea of a perfect life, of a perfect someone, of a perfect destination or accomplishment of adream; we are lying to ourselves if we let our dreams follow the ideas of society.We live in a society that controls our acts and our goals. We all grew upwatching and hearing love stories of the perfect couple who after all; all thestruggle, the pain and the time, were meant to be with each other. We as kidsbelieved it, and as we grew up started to laugh at how ludicrous it was.We realized that as much of the stories could one day be true foreach of us, there was also the hyperbole of the word PERFECT. What isperfect? We wonder now, now that we cannot find it like in the movies. There isno such a thing like a perfect someone. Only in our imagination and in ourheart can we feel like something is near enough to perfection; acceptance. Ifwe accept others we might see their own light of perfection. Don't rush time,accept it, and dream about tomorrow while you enjoy today. All what's to come,what's meant to be, will somehow find its way. Never lose hope because withoutit, the sigh of our future is of blurry definition. Think it like a camera;before pressing the shutter, we hesitate, breathe out hope, and focus thesubject at the other side of the lens, and once we are ready and we like thecomposition of what we see: click! the photo is taken. We look at it andbecause of its uniqueness, the effort we put to take it, we love it as a perfect picture, albeit it has many flaws andimperfections. In other words, we define the meaning of perfection and who orwhat has it within their flaws. Believe in your own kind perfection insomeone's acts or personality, and not the perfection of someone's looks, orthe one portrayed by the stories. While enjoying the love stories and movies,don't loose hope. Don't think it will never happen to you, because it will, ifyou simply believe. As easy as a word: believe. It may take a day, a week, amonth, a year, or many more, but it will come. Even if it has to take aneternity, it will cross oceans, countries, boundaries, and obstacles to reachits destination. You won't need to refer to the stories for perfection, youwill now be able to write your own definition of the word. 

Open the box, under your bed, full of memories;travel passes, souvenirs, dried flowers, wristbands, and pictures. Lift up thepicture of that voyage to you favorite city, the city of your dreams with theperson you love. Look at it. What do you see?

"My own definition of perfection!" youcan now say.