Chapter Three

▬

[ CHAPTER THREE ]
Lily Evans is NOT your fucking friend

"Look at all this stuff, Slughorn really upped his game from last year," James whispered as they crept into the newly unlocked Potions store cupboard, "Fancy stocking up now for future pranks?"

She glanced back over her shoulder with a smile, "Why just for pranks? I say we grab a handful of everything, smoke it and see what happens."

"Probably stomach aches followed by a trip to Madam Pomfrey's," James grimaced a little, "Honestly, how bloody awkward would it be being forced to explain why you swallowed a bunch of Murtlap Tentacles?"

This time when she looked back, her expression was tainted with concern, "I said smoke not eat... but sure, whatever you're into, James," She teased, "I'm not one to judge."

Before he could reply, a head poked in and both of them jumped before realising it was just Peter. Still, with the strange eerie light coming from a single, green-tinted window, it was enough to make Peter look like the bloody boogeyman.

"Don't look so frightened, it's only me!" He whispered. Sadly his attempts to calm them down with a toothy grin only scared them more. Peter now resembled the joker too, "Um ... Sirius wants me to tell you to stop goofing around for once in your life - "

"Huh," James snorted, folding his arms, "Like he's one to talk ... tell him that."

" - as if you get caught, Remus might bite his hand off."

Both James and Exie stiffened, only returning to normal once Peter had given a little thumbs up and closed the door on them. Then they turned to each other in unison, matching wide-eyed grimaces on their faces as they remained silent for a moment.

"So ... shall we get on with it?" James asked.

"Ah-yes!" She replied with a strained smile, both of them turning on their heels as they began to search manually through the jars. 

Usually, a summoning charm would just do the job but Slughorn's store cupboard was full to the brim, jars sitting atop other jars, ingredients mixed into one pot ... it was a wonder he found anything in this impressive mess.

"Any luck?" James asked after a few moments of scrambled searching.

"Unless Occamy Eggs and Immortelle Flowers are the same, it's a big no," She murmured back before suddenly flapping her arms excitedly, "Wait, James, BIG YES ... I MEANT, BIG YES!"