Chapter Twenty Five

▬

[ CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE]
The Double Life of Exie Attia

Exie's rule of telling nobody quickly caved within a few seconds of seeing Remus. He didn't even have to prompt before she revealed literally everything. His response was just perfect, equal parts happy and equally concerned about how to tackle the issues. For now, he suggested she just try not to think about it and distract herself around the boys until she'd figured out how to tell James.

This proved easier than the first encounter luckily. She felt less on edge about it when Lily wasn't with her, she could distract herself enough from the issue to just pretend everything was normal. Plus Sirius and James always had some weird scheme which took her mind of her sort of betrayal anyway. 

Everything was looking to go smoothly until of course, life decided to throw a nice, shiny spanner in the works.

"What are we gonna do on the last Hogsmeade of term?" Sirius asked one lazy afternoon, "We've got to do something cool, really end the term on a high."

"Well, I need to complete some Christmas shopping but if we can work around my list then I'm in," Peter said.

"Let's see your list."

He retrieved it from his bag, "Here, those are the things I'm looking for so as long as I can get them, I'm down for an adventure."

"Why is yarn on here twice?" Sirius asked.

"Because I'm getting yarn twice obviously."

"Why did you decide yarn was such a good Christmas gift that two people needed it?"

Peter sat up indignantly, "I have two grandmothers who both have a fondness for knitting! Look if you're going to be mean about it, I'm taking it back." 

With unusual force, he snatched it out Sirius's hands. Not that Sirius cared, lounging back leisurely, lips puckered into a pout, "Well, brilliant, our big final weekend of this term now includes yarn shopping, love that," Sirius sulked, "Why don't we just book a pottery class or learn how to embroider whilst we're at it."

"Hey, don't be rude about embroidery. My Mum goes to a class and said things can go crazy," Peter chided.

"Yeah crazy 'cos I shagged her."

"Now that was just uncalled for."

"Come on, Sirius, we can still have a laugh. Just imagine yarn shopping but... we're drunk!" James suggested, stretching his arm out.

"We're still too young to get served at the pubs," Remus pointed out.

"That's not true, Sirius once managed to get a home brewed Beer there."

Sirius held his hands, "The bartender was new and thought I was at least twenty."

"Oh wow, a home brewed beer, mad!" Remus replied sarcastically.