Chapter Thirty Five

▬

[ CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE ]
Reigniting the Dragon's Fire

Lily seemed to recover her grasp of the situation, rushing towards the two boys but Exie stuck her hand without even consciously meaning to, blocking the girl.

"Exie, what - "

She turned back over her shoulder, "Let them play."

Lily looked beyond confused, "But, Exie..."

One look at the unusually curious expression on Exie's face silenced the girl, both of them watching as James cockily walked forward a few steps.

"Go on, Snivy, say what you have to say," James held his arms out, "I'm all ears, unarmed - "

"Aculeus!"

In an instance, James's hand was on his face, flinching from the incredibly powerful stinging jinx.

"Now can we intervene?" Lily cried, not bothering to wait for a reply before rushing forward, "Severus, that's enough!"

Exie rushed to James's side grabbing his face forcefully to examine his cheek, "James, are you okay?"

Whilst his cheek was very swollen, rapidly turning a deep red, this wasn't the most worrying thing. It was the fact the gleam in his eyes was still present, only strengthened by the attack if anything. It was not accompanied by a wicked smile... he was enjoying this.

"Ooh, impressive ... for a warm up, Severus. You know seeing as you've got your wand out I may as well get mine," He turned back to the girls, "It's only fair, right?"

"Yeah, I guess so actually."

"No, an eye for an eye for only makes the world blind!"

Exie and Lily's heads snapped to each other at their two very different responses. Quickly, Exie folded her hands giving a defiant nod, "I mean ... yeah, what Lily said, if you have an eye ... or an eye you're blind ... you heard it the first time!"

They turned back to James only to discover, to their horror, that he clearly chosen to take Exie's first advice to heart. Both girls watched in horror as a jet of bright yellow light shot from his wand which slammed Severus into the wall hard, the boy convulsing a little on the floor.

"Oh shit..." Exie murmured for the second time that day which was a new record. Quickly she rushed forward towards the Slytherin who was twitching slightly, "Severus - ow!"