Chapter Fourteen

▬

[ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ]
Locking Horns with the Snake

One thing Exie was thankful for was that it never seemed like her friends could never stay mad at each other for that long. The next morning, Sirius awoke with a fresh outlook on life, tackling Peter into a bear hug the moment he awoke up according to Remus.

"I think perhaps I just need to take a few days to clear my head," Sirius had said, "I've calmed down but still feel a bit on edge so... let's discuss this weekend at Hogsmeade, go for brunch just the five of us and have a chat?"

This was met with great enthusiasm and other than ensuring Peter actually remembered and caught up on his Immortelle flowers, the plan subsided over the next few days.

Late as usual, by the time Exie arrived to meet the others in the Quad on Saturday morning, the others had presumably been waiting for about fifteen minutes. Her hair was still a mess and the hand knitted scarf she'd donned was on the verge of falling off but right now Exie couldn't be happier as she approached the four boys. As she drew closer though, she noticed they weren't chatting avidly as usual though and were instead frozen, poised as if watching something.

"Boys... hello?" She snapped her fingers but only Remus turned, "Are you guys cursed or something? Should I fetch Madam Pomfrey?"

"No... look," Sirius didn't point but she followed his gaze towards two girls who were stood by the doors, looking a little frustrated.

"Is that... Faye and Jessamy?" She asked, squinting a little, "They look sort of pissed... why exactly are we watching them? Is it because Faye has a good arse or something because she's facing the wrong way and might have a boyfriend - "

She hushed as James raised a finger. Deciding the old phrase 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' was very applicable, Exie folded her arms and resided herself to a good old bit of people watching however creepy it felt. Luckily, it didn't have to last too long as Faye rolled her eyes and Jessamy began to storm forward, heading towards the five of them. However they seemed so flustered, that the two girls didn't even notice them or if they did, didn't care that they were being overheard.

" - I'm actually going to have a word with Marlene when we get there because this isn't funny - "

"It's really not," An equally huffy Jessamy chimed in, shaking her head.

"I know right! It's actually really rude, we weren't even that late today - ten minutes isn't an unreasonable amount of time - "