Chapter Eight

▬

[ CHAPTER EIGHT ]
Girls are from Venus, Exie basically has a penis and other classic rhymes

The goose displayed was indeed ... something to write home about. Feathers went everywhere, James and Sirius found themselves in week-long detention as did Exie, making a guest appearance for one evening due to laughing so hard. It was very much ... spectacular. It also functioned as a huge distraction though especially seeing as James and Sirius decided the funniest thing in the world was to send each other howlers with nothing but a goose squawking ... it was a long few days.

Of course, they stayed on top of their Immortelle flowers but the Severus/Lily plan fell a bit quiet namely because the two antagonists remained largely silent too. After their conversation, Lily appeared to be bizarrely content with not picking out Exie's flaws whilst Severus had disappeared into the nether it seemed. A small part of Exie kind of hoped this meant that the others had forgotten and everything would be plain sailing from here on out but ... no. As always, things were just biding their time and she got a sharp reminder of this about a week after the infamous goose display.

"Exie, do you have any plans this evening?" Sirius asked nonchalantly, not even looking up from his steak as he spoke.

"That depends, are you all doing anything this evening?"

"... perhaps," Sirius replied, looking up stealthily for a moment before returning to his delicately cutting.

"Well, then I'm a perhaps too... did that make sense?"

"Grammatically no but I think we all understood what you meant," Remus interjected.

"Let's face it, if you guys don't have plans, I don't really either," Exie grinned, "Although if you are actually doing something, today would be a good day as I've stayed on top of my potions today. I'm one awake girl."

"Fabulous," Sirius and James exchanged a small mischievous smile.

The smile was contagious although the one that curved across Exie's lips was a little more hesitant and curious, "What? Please tell me it's not another goose display because I honestly haven't mentally recovered from the other one ... I see goose feathers every time I close my eyes!"

"Me too! Although that might be because they're actually there most of the time..." Peter grinned, "James and Sirius had a few left over..."

"And we put them to good use," James grinned, "But nah, this isn't to do with the goose display ... just come to our dorm at around eight, is that okay? We should be ready by then."