Chapter 10 (WOOOOOHOOOOO)

"What the nether happened?"

Ivor had found Jay standing by the river, soaking wet and in Jake's white jacket.

"Uh..."

"And what happened to your hair?"

Jay pointed to the branch that had half of her hair still stuck on it.

"Oh."

Jay rolled her eyes and went to get changed and hand Jake his jacket back.

It got warmer as Jay re-entered the main place.  Without a second thought, she opened the door to the room she and Jake shared-and froze on the spot.

Jake was changing, and shirtless.

Wow, being homeless and a former assasin must've helped keep him in shape- snap out of it Jay!

"Uh, Jay?"

Jay's face instantly heated up and she threw the jacket at him and ran before he could notice.

Jake took a minute to process what just happened before putting on his spare dark grey shirt.

He walked out to find Addie and Stone cracking up.

"Okay, what are you two laughing about?"

"The awkward situation you two were just in."

Jack and Tina came up behind Jake.

"Addie, Stone, what happened?"

"Jay walked in to find Jake shirtless!"

The other two started cracking up as well, leaving Jake to find Jay.

She was out in the glass room, looking at the stars.

"Jay?"

Her face had just stopped being as red as a redstone block when she heard his voice, so naturally, the red came back.

"Jake, that was the most awkward situation I've ever been in."

"Same, believe it or not."

He sat down next to her, forgetting she was two inches taller then him.

"Jake... I know I don't believe in love, and probably never will, but I still think it was brave of you to tell me, even when you knew..."

"Jay, you rejected me.  It's fine... don't worry."

"So now you're saying it's fine when it really isn't after you tell me not to?  You're a hypocrite."

"And you're my friend, so."

"Whatever."

The two sat in silence for a while before Jay turned and kissed him on his cheek.

When she parted, Jake looked at her.

"So, if you don't believe in love, then why'd you do that?"

"It's called a thank you."

Jake smiled.  "Sure.  I'll help anytime."

With that, he left to see if he could embarrass Jack and Tina more.

Jay smiled at the stars for the rest of the night.

"..."

Addie and Stone were sitting on their respective beds, eating, when Stone started choking.

Addie looked up, confused at first, but quickly realized what was going on.

"You need to stop eating fast!"