Chapter 16

The two stared at each other, knowing what was coming next as Jack spun his sword in his hand while Herobrine stood up, the black in his eyes glowing enough to cover the area around his eyes.

"You're about to regret that."

Herobrine lunged, grabbing Jack's arms and spinning around, flying through the back wall into a room that was completely sealed off before, disorienting both of them.  Jack hurriedly broke free, dropping himself onto the floor as Herobrine floated down, an evil grin plastered onto his face.

"What's your motive young warrior?"

Jack raised his blade.  "Save the world, maybe avenge my parents."

Herobrine put his hands behind his back.  "Your parents?"

Jack glared.  "You remember them; don't try to lie."

Herobrine grinned.  "They were formidable warriors."

He drew his own obsidian blade, but it was just like The Hero's Blade.

"But they fell in the end."

Herobrine lunged, the blades connecting, sending sparks as they held their ground.

"..."

Ivor had heard the TNT go off right on schedule.

"Perfect!"

The twins walked up, looking at the man.  Ivor looked at each one and shrugged.  "Well?  Are we attacking or not?"

Jess and Jesse nodded, pulling their weapons out and raising them up.  "CHARGE!"

With that, the entirety of Beacontown joined the fight to save their home.

"..."

Stone and Addie raced in with Kate at the same time Cole raced in, seeing the overturned throne and the holes in the walls.

Jake and Jay rushed over to Cole, making sure he wasn't being controlled anymore while Arielle and Edward ran over to Stone and Addie, explaining what was going on.

"Wait, Jack's fighting Herobrine?"

Arielle nodded.  "Riley's unconscious!  The plan was for her to temporarily deactivate Herobrine's magic!"

Addie raced over, tapping Riley on the face.  "Riley!  Wake up!"

Jake walked over.  "I'm gonna do what Jack would do."

He crouched down.  "Wake up Lieutenant!"  With that, the boy reared back and slapped Riley across the face, waking her up in an instant.

"Jake!"

"What?  I just did what Jack would do!"

Riley rolled her eyes and pushed him off, getting up but promptly stumbling into Jake's arms.

"Hey, you're hurt.  Rest for a bit; Jack can hold his own."

Riley shook her head and attempted to push herself to the room, instead falling into Tina's arms.

"Riley.  Rest."

Riley agreed, sitting down as she pulled out a potion of regeneration and chugged it.

"..."

Jack pushed back, sending both Herobrine and himself back as the floor shifted.

Both looked down.  "That can't be good."

The floor shifted again before falling out from under them, and they fell, landing on soft dirt.