Chapter 29

Adrien/Cat Noir's POV:
Marinette basically dragged me to the brunch place we wanted to go to, since she tried run off. We finally got there. We walk in and the smell of bacon hits me. "That smells good," Marinette says, licking her lips. We walk over to a booth and sit down to eat. "What're you getting?" She asks. "I don't know, maybe the purrito plate," I say. She rolls her eyes. "I'm getting the French toast," she says, eyeing the picture of it hungrily. "But seriously, I'm getting the chocolate chip pancakes," I say. The waitress comes, we order, and in about 20 minutes our food was ready. We finally get our plates. As soon as the waitress leaves, Marinette shoves a piece of French toast in her mouth. Only to spit it out and say, "That burned!" I laughed hysterically. She blows on her french toast and then puts it back in her mouth. She tried to say something, but stopped. "I'm sorry for laughing ok," I say, trying to apologize. She nods her head. "C'mon, speak to me. She makes a bunch of weird hand movements that I don't understand. I give a confused expression. She facepalms and grabs her phone. She sends me a text. "Why'd you send me a-" but she cut me of by giving me a look that said, "just read it," so I did.
Marinette💓🐞: the toast burnt my tongue so bad it hurts to touch my tongue to anything, and I can't necessarily speak without do that so yeah.
(Authors note: I don't know if this actually happens but let's just pretend for now.)
"Now I feel really bad for laughing," I say. She nods. I take a few bite of my food before realizing she hasn't eaten anything. "Can you eat?" I ask her out of concern. She shakes her head. "Well then I'm not eating either." She sends me a text, probably because whatever she was trying to tell me wouldn't get through to me on hand signals.
Marinette💓🐞: No! You are eating and that's final! Don't make me get the spray gun!
I gulped. Not the spray gun. "Ok, ok." I finish eating and we head back to the house. We text back and forth since Marinette couldn't talk.
Adrien🐱💖💗: Are you excited for our trip to, uh, wherever we're going?
Marinette💓🐞: Yeah.
Adrien🐱💖💗: Does your tongue feel any better?
"Yeah," Marinette says in real life. "Great! I'm sorry I laughed, I didn't know you would get this hurt," I say and hug her. "It's ok," she says and hugs back. "Also, my tongue stopped hurting 30 minutes ago." She says starting to snicker. "But we've been texting instead of talking for 50 minutes, when really we could've talked," I say. "Listen, I'm sorry, but you had it coming." I shake my head. "And to think I didn't use any cat puns for you, what a cat-astrophe." "Nope nope nope nope nope, I will get the spray bottle, I swear I'll do it." "Now that's not a very, um pawsitive catitude." "You are really testing my limits," she says warningly, but I don't listen. "Aren't my puns, ameowing." "That does it!" She walks over to her dresser, grabs the spray bottle, and sprays me. I sit there, drenched. "Worth it!" I say, and she facepalms.

Hey guys! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and have a good rest of your day, night, whatever it is. That's all for meow! Bye!!
~Tater Tot🐞🐱🦋🐢🦊🐝