26

Jeon Jungkook
1 life

My lungs burned for air and my legs ached for rest as We ran after the shadowed figure that had Kayla in its grasp. I stumbled to a stop,hunching over with hands on my knees as I gasped for air. Hoseok stopped a few feet from me,squatting as he panted.

"It's so fucking fast"he sighed out and straightened up,I watched him intently and breathed out slowly.

"Did you get a glimpse of that thing?"I asked,he shook his head and turned around to look at me.

"Nope,it zoomed right past me before I could"He kicked away a near stone in slight frustration,I looked around in curiousity.

We were in a narrow passage with dark red satin curtain hooked up into the curtain pole partially covering the walls. Old white and sky blue plasters were peeling off the wall leaving behind a cream white painted wall. No sight of a door whatsoever. A glass stained ceiling shone moonlight into the dimly lit hallway.

"We need to hurry before we lose track of her"Hoseok said snapping me out of my dazed observation. I looked at him and curtly nodded before returning my gaze to the curtains,I wonder what's behind them.

"Jungkook?"

I hummed subconsciously as I padded towards the curtain,my hand outstretched to push away the curtain and see what is hidden behind it.
I groaned lightly when I was pulled back and my back hit the floor. There was a ticking sound. Dazed,I looked to my side to see Hoseok squatting as a look of wary contoured his face. His hand still wrapped around my arm.

"Why did you do that?"I asked confused,he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Can you not tell we are surrounded by booby traps?"he asked and I furrowed my eyebrows together before sitting up slowly. The ticking sound came from behind the curtain,I licked my lips nervously before looking at Hoseok.

"Stay behind me"I said and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm supposed to protect you not the other way round"he chided and I sniggered.

"I know"I looked back at the curtain. "But this might be our ticket out of this hallway" I walked to the curtain,it rustled lightly making me swallow uneasily.

"Jungkook.."

I gripped the satin fabric and pushed it aside. I was met with nothing but a latch,black and old looking. I glanced behind me,Hoseok watched with a frown on his lips.

"Jungkook don't!"he said carefully. I had a bad feeling about it but the urge pushed me forward and I pulled the latch down.

There was a rumble,deep and loud. I took careful steps back,looking around. Hoseok glared at me,I shrugged my shoulders and got out my gun blade out as I got into a fighting stance.

A growl echoed in the air,Hoseok and I stood back to back with our weapons out. The floor started to rumble and the walls started to move apart creating a bigger space,the curtains tore apart falling to the floor.

The growl grew louder and closer. I breathed out slowly through my nose and glanced at Hoseok.

"I know what I did was gonna cause this" I mumbled audibly.

"I wasn't gonna blame you"he rose his eyebrow at me. "It's the only way for us to get out of here."

Everything went silent for a good minute,I looked around with narrowed eyes. My elbow touched Hoseok's arm softly,I licked my lips nervously.

Soft footsteps echoed in the air,I looked to my right squinting my eyes to see a figure walking towards us. Through the dim light pouring from the open glass stained rose ceiling,I could make out how he looked.
Tall,dressed in all black,lean,dark ruffled hair and amber eyes. I heard Hoseok growl as I blinked in recognition.

"Well well we meet again"he said stopping in his tracks. A heavy tension falling thickly into the atmosphere almost suffocating,I twirled my sword and pointed it at him.

"Where's Kayla?"I asked coldly,the corner of his lips turned up.

"No need to be worried,the pest is on her way to the creator"he said and tucked his hands into his trench coat.

"The creator?"Hoseok asked,I lowered my sword slightly.

"Of course. She is the one who controls what goes on in this game"he said and tilted his head,his eyes landing on me. I gritted my teeth.

"If you plan on trying to defeat or kill her,you are at a loss. She will wipe you out in milliseconds"

"That's a risk we are willing to take"Hoseok growled.

The male chuckled darkly and removed his hand from his pocket to rub his neck. A sadist smirk appeared on his lips.

"Well if that's what you want,you have to go through me"he said and I gripped the handle of my gun blade tightly.

"We won't go easy on you"I said and he sniggered. His eyes turned a dark red.

"Neither will I"