Chapter 8: " How could I say no!?"

Yoongi has been acting really weird lately...as in weirder than usual. Usually he just kind of drifts around the house, doing his own thing but for the last few days he has been silently following me around wherever I go...even to work! Which was kind of hard to explain to my boss why I had a white cat curled up sleeping on my desk. Ju-min didn't come over with Jin because she was afraid of Yoongi 'corrupting' him, which I thought was ridiculous. Mi-lin is taking me with her today to go to the hybrid shelter to go and pick out one for herself. After being around Yoongi and I so much she finally decided to adopt one herself.

"Do you have an inclination as to what kind of hybrid you are going to look for?" I asked as we drove towards the shelter. Yoongi had decided that he was also going to come with and was silently sitting in the back seat of the car. I was a little surprised that he would willingly want to go back to the shelter.

"I'm not sure, I don't think I'd be able to handle a dog as Ju-min has. Jin is super nice, but he seems like a little too much for me. You know?" posed Mi-lin.

"Yeah, I don't really think dogs are your style. Maybe you could get a cat too." I suggested.

"What are you saying?" Yoongi suddenly asked from the back seat, startling the two of us.

"Well you and Mi-lin get along pretty well, so I thought maybe having another cat of her own could be nice." I shrugged.

"We don't need another cat," he stated. I let out a small sigh of defeat as I faced forward and Mi-lin let out a small giggle.

"You two are too cute." she mused as the car pulled to a stop. I rolled my eyes at her comment as we all got out of the car. Yoongi stuck close to us as we walked into the shelter. The same lady who had been there when I had first gotten Yoongi greeted us. Her eyes flickered over to Yoongi who was standing slightly behind me.

"I'm surprised that you still have him, and in his human form no less. How are you doing, Min Yoongi." asked the woman.

"Fine." was all Yoongi answered blandly. The woman didn't press any further, knowing that Yoongi wasn't going to give her a better answer than that.

"So what brings you all here today?" she asked.

"I'm here to look at hybrids," said Mi-lin. The lady smiled brightly at her.

"Wonderful. Why don't you come on in back and I will show you what we have here. We have a surplus of hybrids here in the shelter right now. Is there any specific kinds that you are looking for?" asked the lady.

"Uh...a cat? I don't know something small, not too overwhelming?" Mi-lin thought aloud. The lady seemed to think for a moment before smiling.

"Why don't we have a look at the cats first. On our way there are some of the other smaller hybrid breeds that we can stop by and take a look at as well." recommended the lady. Mi-lin smiled and nodded. The lady led is to the back of the shelter and we began to walk down the way that I had been before when I had first found Yoongi. Yoongi seemed tense as we walked back towards where all the hybrids were being held. I felt his hand brush against mine a couple of times before I lightly caught it. He instantly laced his fingers with mine silently and held it as if it were a security blanket. I could sense that he was nervous and uncomfortable about being back here...which made me wonder again why he would even bother coming and not stay at home.

"Yoongi, we can leave if you aren't comfortable. We can go wait out in the lobby. Mi-lin won't mind. Right Mi-lin?" I asked as we were following the lady through the back. Mi-lin took her eyes off of some of the smaller animals that she had been looking at.