Chapter 19: "did you just call me your 'master'?"

I opened the door almost causing Yoongi to fall backward into my room. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing!?" he exclaimed. "You were supposed to stay in your room!"

"I'm done with all of the pain. I'm sick of it. I don't want you to suffer all of the time because of me!" I shouted back on the verge of tears. His eyes softened slightly, but I knew that I was looking into Yoongi's slit dark cat eyes.

"Please, I don't know if I can control myself, (y/n), I don't want to hurt you." he warned as he got up to his feet.

"I know you won't hurt me." I replied softly, and confidently. I took a step closer to him as I looked into his eyes. He stumbled backwards until he hit the wall of the hallway, but I kept coming closer.

"(Y/n)" he whispered hesitantly as I reached towards his face. His eyes slammed shut as he tensed up. I gently let my hand caress his pale cheek causing his body to respond on its own and lean in towards my touch.

"Don't start something you can't finish." he warned me. " I don't want to hurt you." he strained.

"I know you won't hurt me." I repeated again. His hand reached up and grabbed the wrist of my hand that was touching his cheek. His eyes snapped open.

"Last chance to go back." he whispered. I locked eyecontact with his slightly twitched my head to a 'no'. He didn't pause for a second more when he let go of my wrist and brought both of his hands up to my face and cupped it in his hands as he gently pressed his lips against mine. My eyes fluttered close at this blissful feeling, it felt almost sinful...but also right at the same time. His lips moved against mine with an intense hungry, but his hands held my face as if it were glass. He moved forwards as he suddenly, roughly grabbed my waist as he desperately kissed me as if his life depended on it. My mind was going a hundred miles a minute. I couldn't focus on anything other that him. This feeling that he was giving me. I was scared and excited at the same time. He kept moving forwards towards my open door and I kept moving back until...he suddenly stopped in my doorway. He pulled away with a pained expression as he looked like he was fighting himself. I felt his fists ball up in the fabric of my shirt.

"I'm sorry, but I can't hurt you." he whispered again before pecking my lips and pushing me back into my room. I stumbled back in shock as he slammed the door closed in my face, separating the two of us. I heard him run down the hall towards his own room and slam his door. I stood there in utter shock of what had just happened.

Did I do something wrong? Does he actually hate me? I was hurt and slightly panicked now. I thought that was what he wanted...I couldn't believe that I was thinking this, but kissing him became something that I wanted to. Ever since the first time when Yoongi first kissed me back when he was affected by my 'heat' I had a lingering feeling of wanting to do it again. I was scared that I would push him over the edge and freak him out if I tried to give him more freedom...I guess I was right.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and stared at the floor with my hands clenched at my sides. I could barely see my tears falling on to my jeans, staining them dark. I felt horrible. There was an ache in my chest that was all too familiar to me as I had been feeling it quite a lot in the past week. I ended up curling into a ball on my bed as I silently cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning I was too scared to dare try and even leave my room in fear of even looking at Yoongi at this point. I stayed wrapped up in my blankets as I still felt like shit. I tired to distract myself on my phone to keep me from thinking about my apparent stupidity yesterday, but a knock on my door startled me. I froze as I looked up at the door.

"Its open." I muttered, knowing that if it was Yoongi that'd he be able to hear me since his hearing was advanced since he was a hybrid. The door slowly opened, but I was looking down at my phone, not wanting to make awkward eye contact with my cat hybrid at the door. There was silence until I heard him lightly walking towards me. He stood at the end of my bed...but I still didn't look up at him. I heard him take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry." he breathed. This was when I finally looked up at him. I would see that his eyes were tired and red, probably looking similar to mine right now. I could tell that he had also been crying...which was something that was extremely rare for him to do.

"Why were you crying?" I asked softly, my voice cracking slightly when I said 'crying'.

"Because of you, because of me. Because of everything. I hurt you, and I'm sorry. I thought I was protecting you, from me. I'm a shitty hybrid. I should've listen my master." he said desperately as he looked at me in distress.

"I'm not afraid of you Yoongi...wait did you just call me your 'master'?" I asked my tone in my voice changing as the realization hit me. "Is that what you see me as? Nothing more than your master to be obeyed?" I asked, my heart beginning to break even more. His eyes widened at his mistake.

"What? No, no, its not like that. I just...I'm so used to...no, no (y/n) that's not it!" he panicked shaking his head furiously. I got up out of my bed. My face was red with hurt and angry coursing through my body.

"Do you not know that I think of us as equals? Do you not remember me telling you that I didn't want to be your 'master'? Do you not trust me?" I exclaimed all of the hurt that I was feeling channeled through my words. I watched as his face fell. "Do you not know that I love you!?" I yelled, my heart feeling relief and hurt of me finally saying it out loud. Finally admitting what I had known for awhile now. I watched as Yoongi's face changed in realization at my words.

"You love me?" he whispered in shock. His eyes wide as he looked at me.

"Obviously, it is not returned." I stated as I began to walk past him to go out the door. He caught my wrist as I walked by him and pulled me towards him. I spun around ready to yell at him again.

"Yoongi let me...!" I started when his lips suddenly met mine, shutting me up. I melted at his touch. It took me a moment to realize that I was still mad at him and I pushed him away.

"What the hell?! You pushed me away last time, why is it different now?" I demanded.

"Because I didn't know if you were just like the other owner I had. She had seemed nice at first...but in the end she was not. I didn't want to let myself get hurt again. In the time that I have been with you has been the best time of my life, (y/n). I began to realize that you weren't anything like her and the more I came to like you the more I realized that you deserve someone better than what I am. I'm a hybrid, you'll be looked down upon for being with one on an equal playing field...its because I love you that I pushed you away." he told me, never wavering. I felt my chest tighten at his words.

"Yoongi...I don't want someone else, I don't care if you are a hybrid or not. You are Min Yoongi, human, hybrid, whatever. I don't care. I won't pressure you into anything, but I will let you know that the offer is on the table." I said softly. He was quite for a moment before slowly nodding.

"Let me think about it." he replied lowly. I nodded as I stepped back away from him.

"Take all the time you need." I replied. "I'm going to make breakfast, what you like?" I could tell he was relieved by the sudden shift in conversation, as the tension in the air began to break.

"Pancakes, I'll come help you." he offered as he followed me out of the room. I breathed a slight sigh of relief that I had gotten everything off of my chest that had been weighing me down before. I was still anxious for Yoongi's answer, but knowing that he really care about me was enough to keep me satisfied for the time being. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I glanced over at Yoongi who was in the kitchen with me beginning to mix up the pancake batter. I hope that either way that we can always stay like this, together.