Chapter 20: "No promises."

Things had been a little awkward at times for the two of us, but overall things have gone back to normal...well as normal as they can get.  My mom was still in the hospital. I had gotten word that she was awake now and recovering. I had gone to visit her off and on after I would get done with work but today Yoongi was coming with me. Yoongi hasn't been with me to see my mother since i had first found out about her accident. He was a bet hesitant, but accepted when I asked him to come with me. I was actually nervous bringing him with me. My mom hadn't met him...at least while she was conscious.

"Ready?" I asked Yoongi nervously biting the inside of my cheek. He nodded as he got off of the couch and walked over to me by the door and grabbed his jacket and face mask. It had gotten colder out so jacket and masks were now a must. I pulled my own mask over my mouth and flipped the hood of my jacked over my head. The drive to the hospital was pretty quiet. It's wasn't awkward, but I knew Yoongi could sense that I was tense. My fingers kept moving at my sides as I walked into the hospital with Yoongi at my side.  I had become a bit of a regular in the wing my mother was staying in.  They gave Yoongi a questioning look, but didn't really question him when we were getting out visitors' passes.  I tapped my leg with my fingers nervously as I got to the door.  I don't know why I was so nervous about introducing Yoongi to my mother, but I was.  We walked in and my mom, who was sitting up in her bed watching something on the TV, turned to look at us.  A smile stretching across her face.

    "(y/n)!  Who is your friend?"  she asked happily.   

"Uh, mom, this is Yoongi."  I introduced Yoongi.  "Yoongi, this is my mother (y/m/n)."  

    "It's an honor to meet you Mrs. (y/l/n)."  bowed Yoongi as he was beside me.  We were at the side of my mother's bed.

     "Likewise, Yoongi.  You seem like a nice young man, very handsome too."  grinned my mom causing me to flush in slight embarrassment.  I guess it was good that she was feeling good enough to embarrass me.  

    "Thank you, ma'am."  Yoongi replied with a light dusting of pink on his own face.  My mom chuckled at the sight of the two of us.

    "Why are you so nervous, (y/n)?  You're tapping again."  commented my mother noticing my nervous tick.  

    "I, uh..."  I stammered as I shifted my eyes to Yoongi for only a second...but long enough for my mom to notice and a grin stretch across her face.

    "Ah, I see.  Congratulations.  Its so nice to see that my daughter has finally found a better boyfriend.  I didn't really like Seuhun.  He was too flightily and boring."  she droned.  My eyes widened as I looked between my mother and Yoongi in a panic.  

    "Mom!"  I exclaimed.  "It's not like that."  I muttered.  She raised an eyebrow at us.

"Oh?  I'm sorry.  I must have miss understood.  I thought the two of you were dating.  You seem very close and (y/n) is obviously pretty nervous about us meeting.  So Yoongi, what is your relationship with my daughter?"  she asked him.  Before he could open his mouth I answered for him.

    "He's my friend and housemate."  I blurted.  I didn't want my mom to possible get the wrong thoughts about us with Yoongi being a hybrid.  Yoongi glanced at me before nodding.  

    "I just moved almost a year ago now."  he confirmed.  Which wasn't a lie, I had gotten Yoongi about eleven months ago now.  My mom looked at me with a slight pout.

    "How come you didn't tell be you had gotten a housemate?  I would have been so much more worried about you living all by yourself!"  she exclaimed.  I snickered.

    "Mom!  I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself.  Don't worry.  I just didn't want to be by myself all of the time and Yoongi needed at place to live."  I explained.  My mom nodded in response.  

    "Alright, alright.  Well I'm glad you're not all by yourself anymore.  It gives me some peace of mind."  she sighed as she leaned back in her bed.  I could tell that she was getting tired.  She loved visitors, but she was still recovering and being here to visit for a long time was very exhausting for her.   

     "Is there anything that you would like me to bring you when I come back to visit in a few days?"  I asked her.  She shook her head. 

    "Not that I can think of, I will text you with I think of something...maybe you can bring your cute friend here, hmm?"  she teased causing me to roll my eyes not in response.

    "How about it Yoongi?"  asked my mother to the boy besides me.  He gave a shrug.

"If (y/n) want's me to come back, then I will gladly visit again."  he smiled.  I noticed my mom return his smile.  

    "Well we'll get going, let me know if you need anything."  I told her as I grabbed Yoongi's wrist to tug him towards the door.  

    "Will do!"  she called after us.  "Bye Yoongi, hope to see you again."  Yoongi waved back at her  as we left the room.  As soon as the door closed behind us I turned to Yoongi with a small smile on my face.

    "Thank you."  I told him gratefully.  He gave me a confused look.

"For what?"  he asked.

    "For coming with me today.  You really helped make my mom's day...she doesn't really get visitors besides me right now.  My brother is currently in America with his wife and kids which is kind of hard for him to come back over here to see here, but he is supposed to be coming in a couple weeks with his family.  So getting to see others, besides me is something she really enjoys."  I replied.  He nodded in understanding.

   "She seems like a very nice lady."  he nodded.  I smiled.

"She is."  I replied.  "Come on,"  I beckoned.  "Lets head back home.  We are going over to Mi-lin's tonight for supper...so be on good behavior.  I don't want a repeat of what happened last time.  Her bother and his hybrid are also coming so no fighting...and try to be at least a little social."  I begged.  He rolled his eyes.

    "No promises."  he smirked causing me to let out a groan.

"Ugh, fine.  Just don't break anything...including Jimin."  I scolded as his smirk grew.

    "No promises."  he repeated as we walked back towards the car.  I let out another groan of annoyance.

     "Ugh, why do you have to be just a bad kitty?"  I complained teasingly.  

"Tch, I'm not a 'kitty' I'm a manly cat."  he retorted causing me to giggle as we got into the car.

    "Okay big cat, think what you want, but you're still my cute little kitty."  I teased causing him to let out a huff of annoyance as he crossed his arms over his chest as I started the car.

   "Fine...but don't call me that infront of anyone else."  he warned.  "Or this 'kitty' will really be bad."  I snorted.

    "Okay, I promise."  I smiled.  "When we get home lets just relax a bit, okay?  I'm tried and I could really use some kitty comfort right now."  I said as I gave him a side glance.  He chuckled in amusement at my statement.

    "You're so needy."  he teased.  

"I know."  I smiled.  We got home and I instantly kicked my shoes off and tossed my coat on one of the chairs and plopped onto the couch.  Yoongi slowly took his shoes and coat off and putting them away.  He even grabbed my coat and hung them up.  I pouted as he walked into the living room.  I reached my arms out to him like a child from the couch.  I made a 'come to me' action with my hands.  He chuckled at my childlike nature as he came over to me.  I pulled him down onto the couch with me.  He ended up sitting with his legs up on the couch as he was semi-sitting up and leaning against some pillows.  I settled myself onto his chest as I wrapped my arms around his torso and snuggled into him.   

    "I've missed this."  I let out a sigh.  It had been a long time now since we had done this.

"Me too."  breathed as he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close.  My eyes fluttered close and I drifted off to sleep listening to the steady beating of his heart.