Chapter 42: "Please...please don't cry..."

***ATTENTION Possible trigger warning for violence***

I couldn't focus on anything other than the ringing pain that was echoing and throbbing through my skull. I tried to open my eyes but the lights hurt them so much that I could do it. I felt tears on my cheeks and I didn't know if the different parts of my clothes that were damp were damp with sweat or if it was blood. I could hear people talking, but it was hard to make sense of what they were saying or who was saying it.

"...I fucking told you not to break her!" I heard a lady yell. I think it was So-ah, but I wasn't sure.

"I brought him. Now give me back Jungkook." I heard a familiar voice. I still couldn't open my eyes but I perked up a bit.

"Mi-lin!?" I called out. "Mi-lin where are you!? Mi-lin!"

"Did you fucking blind her!? Oh my god! What did you do to Jungkook!?" I heard her yell.

"He's fine. Here." I heard some scuffling around followed by some running.

"Mi-mi!" I heard Jungkook's muffled voice.

"Let's get out of here, Jungkook." Mi-lin said.

"Wait, what about (y/n)?" asked Jungkook. I could hear the concern in his voice as my heart began to sink.

"She won't be coming with us...come on Kookie." I heard her said softly. I could almost feel Jungkook's confusion without being able to see it.

"Yoongi-hyung? What are you doing here? Mi-lin? What's going on?" Jungkook asked, his voice beginning to raise.

"Jungkook." Mi-lin suddenly snapped. Everyone went silent. "We are leaving. Now." Jungkook didn't say another word. I was able to open my eyes enough to see the blurry pair leaving me behind as they walked out of the door. My heart plummeted to the floor. I couldn't believe Mi-lin...my best friend...we were closer than most sisters! and she left me here and traded Yoongi for Jungkook! I couldn't even cry I was so mad, but I was so tired at this point that I couldn't feel mad either. I felt myself being lifted and moved again...this time a little more nicely than before. I felt myself being laid down and doors shutting? Was I in a car on van now? Where was I?

I felt us moving and knew that we were in a vehicle of some sort. When the vehicle stopped I heard some shouting as doors were opening and shutting.

"(Y/n)!" I heard someone shout...that someone being Yoongi. I couldn't figure out where he was. I was too tired at this point to even open my eyes, let alone move.

"Let him carry her. They wouldn't be able to get far anyways. Not with her like that." I heard a gruff voice say. It was not So-ah. I don't know where she suddenly went now. I was still so confused...confused and tired. I felt myself being pulled out of the car...kind roughly before I was handed off from one person to another...I knew this person. Their scent...their feel...it was familiar.

"Yoongi." I breathed faintly.

"I'm here. I'm here, princess...oh god, I'm so sorry." I heard his voice crack in a hoarse whisper.

"Don...D Don't be...Its...Its not your...fault." I breathed out. It was a struggle to try and string word coherently together and speak them out. I felt something wet drop against my cheek it wasn't until I heard his shaky sob in that I realized what was hitting my face were tears...he was crying. I don't know where the strength in me came from but I managed to lift one of my hands up weakly as I cracked my eyes open.

"Please...please don't cry...we'll...we'll be okay." I said softly as I reached towards his face and wiped a tear from his cheek. He cracked a hint of a smile when he saw me smiling up at him.

"I don't know how you can be so strong." he sighed out shakily.

"What's hap...happening? Where are...we going? Mi-lin..." I asked starting to come a little more to my senses than I had been earlier...I kept kinda fading in and out of how focused I could be. I knew for a fact that I had a bad concussion. Not sure what else, but my head was shaken up and bruised.

"Don't worry. Mi-lin traded me for Jungkook to get him out since he would just get in the way and not know how to help." he whispered to me. I was even more confused now.

"In the way...? What?" I asked even more confused. My head was starting to hurt again.

"Don't think to hard. You definitely have a concussion...damn you're still bleeding. I can smell it." I heard him hiss under his breath. "Just hold on a little longer...(y/n)?"

"Hmmm?" I hummed as my head bobbed. I couldn't keep my eyes opened.

"Please...baby please keep your eyes open for me. Just a little. please." He begged. I cracked them open as I tensed up. I was so tired though... I don't know how far he had carried me or where we were going until I noticed that we were going up stairs and the lighting changed so I assumed we were in a building. I felt myself being laid down somewhere hard.

"Stay here. I love you." he whispered as I felt his lips on my temple. After a few moments it was like the room exploded. There was shouting everywhere. I heard some screaming...then gun shots. My eyes flew open at the sound as I tried to process the chaos that had ignited around me.

"Yoongi!?" I screamed. He wasn't holding me anymore and I didn't know where he was. As my eyes tried to adjust and not feel like the world was spinning I noticed that there were people laying on the ground...dead...or pretty close. I let out a shriek and scurried back under table that he had laid me under as a lifeless body with a bullet through it flopped in front of me. I could feel myself shaking. I felt sick and dizzy but I couldn't close my eyes. I had to see Yoongi. I had to know he was okay....I had to know he was alive! I scanned the room until I found him. I watched as he literally punched and knocked some guy out. Never thought I'd actually see him do that. Seeing him fight in this setting...it made me think about his time in the Underground as a fighter. I could see in how he fought here that he was experienced...and good at what he did.

It wasn't until I saw someone near me taking aim at my hybrid did things taking a drastic change. In a sudden burst of adrenaline I rolled out from under the table and let out a yell as I dove at the guy's legs who was aiming at Yoongi. I knocked him over and his gun went flying out of his hands and slid across the floor. I didn't hesitate as I scurried up towards his gun. He tried to crawl towards it and grabbed my ankle as I stepped infront of him and pulled me down...hard. I crashed onto the ground as I reached for the gun. We both struggled against eachother trying to prevent the other from grabbing it. Then...one of us got it....

....and it wasn't me....