Chapter 44: "Did not see that coming."

When I regained consciousness I felt a throbbing pain echoing through my body.  My eyes...they flicked opened to a dimly lit room...I hope they did that on purpose because anything brighter it'd burn my retinas.  It still took awhile for my eyes to adjust as I began to finally take in my surrounding.  It was then as my eyes began to take in the room that I noticed there was another set monitors beeping.  I turned my head to see the glow of the other monitors illuminating a pale figure.  I sucked in a small gasped as I took in the site next to me.  Yoongi looked so peaceful as he was laying there in his own hospital bed.  I looked at his monitors, but I was only able to look at them long enough to feel better that he was stable and sleeping.  

     I let out a sigh of relief before a wave of nausea hit me.  I began to panic and quickly hit my nurse's button.  The door quickly opened, blinding me with the light from the hall.  

    "Good, you're awake.  How are you feeling (y/n)?"  she asked as she came and checked my monitors.  

    "Nauseous."  I let out in a hoarse whisper.    "Can you help me to the bathroom?"  She gave my a small smile.

    "We'll have to be slow and gentle.  You have some bruised ribs and your concussion might make you dizzy when walking.  How are you doing with the lights?"  she asked me as she began to have the hospital bed automatically move to a "sitting" position so it would be easier for me to get out or the bed.

    "They still hurt my eyes, but I can...I can deal with them."  I managed.  I looked back over at Yoongi.

    "How is he?"  I asked softly, concern dripping from my voice.  

"He's resting.  He was so insistent on being with you that it was hard for us to properly treat him.  Thankfully he's a hybrid or it could've been much worse."  she assured me.  "He'll make a full recovery as long as he rests.  You will to."   I felt a smile grow on my face but it was it quickly vanished as I felt a wave of nasusa hit me again.

    "I need to go to the bathroom."  I said. "Now!"  Even in pain I managed to get out of the bed and to the bathroom in record time for her to take the IV temporarily out of my arm and the monitors off of me.  She kept the door slightly opened as she held my hair as I puked into the toilet.

    "Is this normal?"  I asked as I spit into the toilet. 

"I'd say so.  Considering your state."  she replied nonchalantly.  

    "My concussion?"  I asked as I wipped my mouth and got to my feet.

"That, and your pregnancy."  she replied as she flushed the toilet.  My eyes widened as I looked at her in shock.

    "We're lucky that you didn't take any blows to the abdomen and that you were so healthy before this.  Otherwise you'd have lost the baby."  she continued before she looked at my face and stopped.

     "You didn't know you were pregnant did you..."  she stated aghast.  I just shook my head at her with wide eyes.

    "How....oh my god....how far?"  I choked out in my state of shock.  I could feel my heart racing.  

"Almost eight weeks we'd estimated....You really didn't know?"  she repeated.  I just shook my head.

    "I...I think I need to sit back down....oh my god what am I going to tell him?  I don't even know how this happened we used protection.  I...?"  I panicked as I tried to figure out when the hell this happened.

     "Is he the father?"  she whispered as nodded at Yoongi.  I nodded.

"Yes."  I affirmed quietly.