Chapter Two: Date With EJ

It finally reached Friday. Jeff and I haven't said a word to each other in a few days. Honestly, I feel like shit. I have a runny nose from crying so much, I have small bags under my eyes that I cover up, I've lost some weight. All around, I look like shit. I'm pretty sure, that everyone has noticed my change of attitude and looks. Slendy, Sally, and EJ, are the only people I talk to. 

I've noticed that Jeff has been getting moody lately too. Which is strange, considering he doesn't like to show any emotion. "Rose, when we go out tonight, wear something comfortable." I simply nod my head. I look at the food that Slendy made us for breakfast. I can tell that he's looking at me waiting for me to take a bite. There has been more than once, where he has had to force feed me. 

I take one bite of it making him look away. I just go back to playing with my food. I feel a familiar stare on me. I can tell that it's Jeff. My eyes start to water. One single tear, slips down my cheek. "Excuse me, I'm not very hungry." I run up stairs not wanting to be down there anymore. I lock my door and fall onto my bed. "Great, here come the waterworks." with that being said, I start to cry. I fall asleep crying again... I wake to it being 11 O'clock at night. My eyes widen and I take a quick ten minute shower and blow dry my hair and do my make-up. I start rummaging around my closet for a cute comfy outfit for tonight. 

I stick with a pair of galaxy leggings, and a grey overly sized sweater, and a black beanie with a pair of black TOMS. I look at myself in the mirror and decide to cover up my slight bags with some concealer. I start to hum a quiet tune.. when there's a knock on the door. I walk over to it and open revealing EJ. I send him a smile. "Well hello there gorgeous." EJ says while lifting his mask up to kiss my hand. I feel a slight blush reach my face. 

"Hello EJ." e starts to lead me downstairs past the rest of the pastas only for me to make eye contact with Jeff... We stare at each other for a few seconds before I look away. I hear a small growl coming from the bunch, but I choose to ignore it. EJ leads me outside and into the woods. 

"So, where we going?" I ask hoping he'll tell me. "Well Rose, it happens to be a secret. I can't tell you or it's ruined. So, you'll just have to wait and see." I can't visually see his face, but I can tell that he's smirking. I just roll my eyes and go with it. Not knowing that we're being followed by someone. 

After about ten minutes of casual talk and walking, we end up at the most beautiful place I've ever seen. As I look around the tunnel in awe, I see EJ staring at me. I look over at him, "What?" "Nothing. I'm just admiring how beautiful you are.." I can feel another blush creeping  up onto my face. "Let me tell you the story behind this Rose." I nod my head. 

"Once, here in the woods, there used to be a very prosperous train route. It took passengers from one part of the world to the other. And all the while, people on board the train, got to see beautiful landscaping, this spot being one of them." as EJ continues to tell the story, I listen very closely.

"But, one night, one of the passengers went crazy. Chester Shanks. It was rumored that he was once a brilliant mental health doctor. His last patient on the other hand, ended up committing suicide from a depressant pill that Chester gave him. Chester's last patient, Michael, kept experiencing hallucinations. Some of which, ended up being violent, bloody, and horrific. Every hallucination that Michael seen, also was seen in Chester's dreams, and thoughts. Even after the patient passed, Chester kept seeing the hallucinations, as if they haunted him.

After, he started taking medication after medication to make them stop. And so they did. For a few weeks though. His wife and kids were supposed to take a family vacation to see Italy. Right when the train left the station, is when the hallucinations came back. Even more fierce then before. This time, they brought voices. Not just any voices. Voices from the Devil himself. They kept telling him to kill his family for eternal life. At first, Chester was able to ignore the voices, but once the images started to get even more vulgar, he couldn't resist. Everyone in their cabin, could tell that he was at the breaking point for something. So finally... he just... snapped.

Murdering everyone in the cabin, except for his wife. She lived to tell the story of Chester Shanks. She said that before he was going to kill her, he started shouting things like, "Are you happy Lucifer? I did what I was told! Where is my eternity?!" At the end of his little rant, he was pushed, off the train and under the wheels. Massacring his body... The wife said she saw what to look like the ghost of the devil. Spiky horns, red eyes, and a tail. But, here's what really touched the town, the exact night his wife told the story, she was murdered. But, there was notes around the house that kept saying 'Eternal Life'. Ever since then, they had to close down the train station. No one knows what happened to the train itself, but it's rumored to be haunted by hundreds of lost souls, and that it still roams down this exact track..." 

 At the end of EJ's story, I feel like fainting. I continue to look around expecting some guy to pop out of no where and kill me. EJ just chuckles and grabs my hand and leads me away from the tunnel. I give him a confused look and all he does is chuckle. He leads me to a beautiful cliff under the stars with a picnic.