Chapter Three: Why Do I Care?

As I sit here behind a tree watching EJ and Rose, I cant help but feel some type of emotion floating around in my chest. What emotion is this? Whatever. I don't need no emotions. Ever since Rose came, I've been feeling all weird on the inside. But sitting here watching EJ flirt with her and tell her scary stories, really pisses me off. 

The funny thing is, neither of them know that I'm following them silently. I climb up a tree to see them better, and notice that EJ has his mask up to about his nose while staring at Rose leaning in. The pain in my chest is getting to hard to ignore. I end up letting out a growl of pain and anger, accidentally loud enough for them to hear and turn in my direction. Luckily, I jumped down before they seen me. I start to walk back to the mansion to ignore them when I see Slendy. 

"Jeff, isn't it about time to talk to Rose now? I mean she's been getting pretty bad for the last few days. Your attitude has gotten terrible again." I look at him and growl. "Calm down child, I'm just giving advice. Rose really likes you Jeff. I can see it in the way she looks at you. And what you're doing now, is breaking her heart. You have no idea how many times that I've heard her cry in her sleep and comfort her. She only talks to EJ, Sally, and I." I look back at her and notice how much wait she's lost since Tuesday. I look into her eyes and notice that she isn't smiling in them, like she does when she's actually happy...

"I guess you're right Slendy. It's about time I talk to her again.." "Oughta boy Jeff. I know that she'll forgive you. Oh and child, I'm always right." with that Slendy disappears. I look over at them and decide to talk to her later and go back to the mansion...

"So Rose, how did you enjoy tonight?" EJ asks on our way back to the mansion. "I enjoyed it very much EJ..." "So we can do it again sometime?" I can't help but notice the hopeful tone in his voice. I mentally flinch. "Sure, just give me a time, day and date and we can." I can picture him smiling. When we get back to the mansion, I notice that everyone is in the living room except for Jeff who is probably in the kitchen looking for food. As I think of that I smile lightly, and then I hear a crash coming from in there and immediately run in there with everyone following me. When we get in there, we notice Jeff sprawled out all over the floor with broken glass all around him. I shake my had and smile lightly. We all hear an audible sigh. "Rose, go clean Jeff up while we all get this mess cleaned." My eyes widen. I look over at Jeff who would probably have the same look if he had eyelids. I slowly walk over and grab his hand and yank him into the closest bathroom. I move my eyes from him to the toilet for him to sit down. 

        When he goes to sit down I notice that both lids are up, and before I can warn him, he sits all the way down. Getting his ass soaked in the process. I can't contain it anymore so I start to laugh. Jeff glares at me and advances making me stop, when all of a sudden, he just bursts into laughter. By the time we calm down, his ass is dry and we're laying on the floor with our sides hurting. We stand up and I start to clean up his wounds. I notice how close we are but choose to ignore it. I can feel Jeff's breath fanning across my face, making it turn to a light shade of pink. "Rose..... I'm sorry for the way I've been ignoring you... I just don't know what got into me. I feel horrible that you've been starving yourself and losing sleep over me." I stop what I'm doing and look over at Jeff to see him looking up at me. I sigh. "Jeff, we've been through to much to let it all go now. So I forgive you. But, the more we work out our differences, I feel like the stronger bond we'll have." After I finish saying that, Jeff stands up and tackles me into a hug. I giggle and hug back.

        "Now, what did you want from the cabinet that made you get cut up by glass?" Jeff looks down sheepishly. "Well.... I kind of wanted a bowel of Fruity Pebbles..." I can't help but laugh. He glares at me. "Jeff, you are so childish." I say between a fit of giggles. "In all defence, Fruity Pebbles are amazing. Everyone loves them." I look at him with a straight face. "I hate them.." I say that as best as I could without cracking up. He gasps in horror. "How can you not like Fruity Pebbles!!??" Before I can answer, Jeff runs downstairs screaming Demon over and over again. I walk down there laughing. "BEN, CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT THIS, THIS MONSTER DOESN'T LIKE FRUITY PEBBLES?!" I shake my head. "Honestly Jeff, I hate them too.." Is all Ben says while playing Halo. 

        After Jeff ran around and asking everybody if they like Fruity Pebbles or not, he finally calms down but crawls into a corner with his hood up glaring at us all. I giggle quietly. "Well child, I see you and Jeff finally became friends again. Who apologized first?" I look over and smile a real one. "Well surprisingly, it was Jeff." Slendy just nods his head and goes backup stairs. The rest of the night was basically spent with Jeff ignoring us all. That is, until we agreed that Fruity Pebbles were amazing and life....... Basically the normal day around here. But that's why I love this creeps.