Chapter Twelve: Midnight Dinner

Jeff and I just got back from the kill and lets just say, it was magical!! Anyways, he kinda forced me into the shower and is going to take one himself before he tells me what he has planned. After scrubbing my body and head from top to bottom and shaving, I got out of the shower and got dressed into a cute little outfit.

        I open my door and look down on the floor and see a bunch of rose petals and a small note. I pick up the note and it reads, 

        "Rose, follow these rose petals and be gifted with something that I prepared myself... Don't worry, the others are out of the mansion for the night... It's just us my love... 

        xoxo Jeff"

        Taking a deep breath, I start to follow the trail or red, and black rose petals down the steps, through the kitchen, into the living; only to find another note. 

        "Rose, I hope you are enjoying this little hunt I planned. Now, go back where you started, and open your bedside drawer. Inside, you will find another note telling you what to do next, and a little surprise...

        xoxo Jeff"

        "You sure love giving me a hard time huh Jeff?" I whisper quietly while walking back up the stairs to my room and walking to the drawer. I open it carefully and see a pretty blue rose on top of the note. I grab it and read it off slowly.

        "You're getting closer. All you have to do now, is grab the gift, wear it, and crawl out your window and follow the path to train tunnel EJ took you to. Don't worry, nothing will happen... 

        xoxo Jeff"

        "You also enjoy trying to kill me don't you?" I whisper again. I look down and see a cute little silver necklace. Picking it up upon further inspection, I see that it's a little bird dangling on a chain with some leaves on the side... "It's absolutely beautiful..." I say quietly. 

        I walk to my window and slowly climb out of it. Luckily, there's a vine to climb down. Touching ground, I find the rose petal path and make my way to the train tunnel. Once there, off in the distance a bit, I can see a little yellow glow. Getting curious, I pick up the pace. Once I get there, my mouth drops open in surprise. 

        In front of me, stood a cute little table with a blood red cloth and a candlelit dinner. The dinner consisted of homemade spaghetti and bread sticks with some Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling wine. A happy tear escapes my eyes as I get a little closer. I notice that there's only one plate of spaghetti, but two forks and two wine glasses. Before I can turn and look for Jeff, I feel arms wrap around my waist.

        "Hello beautiful. So glad you could join me." I giggle and lean into Jeff's chest taking in his cologne. "Thank you for all of this Jeff. I love every bit of it. Before I forget, can you help put the necklace on?" I ask sweetly. "Of course I can." I gently hand him the necklace and pick up my hair as he slowly places it around my neck. 

        I feel his lips lightly press against the nape of my neck making me smile a little, just as he clasps the piece of jewelry. I feel the cold silver laying on my skin. Jeff leads me to the table and pulls out the seat for me. Once I'm in my seat, Jeff pushes it in. We start to eat and make pointless side conversation, although it isn't pointless. It's filled with love and admiration. I noticed that tonight Jeff has also been a hopeless romantic... Not that I don't like it though. 

        "Rose... I have a question to ask you..." Jeff asks hesitantly... "Go on Jeff..." I reply to him... I can visually see him start to shake lightly as he starts to sweat a little. 'Why is he getting nervous?' I think to myself. 

        "Rose, we have gone through the unthinkable... I know that there will be more trials and tribulations to come but I just want you to know that I love you. I know for sure now, that I want no one else in the world and that you are the only one for me... I shouldn't ramble on for too long, but I just need to get this out." I look over at Jeff curiously telling him to continue on. 

        "If I could Rose, I would give you the entire world. If I could, I would ruin anyone who has ever hurt or anyone who will hurt. Myself included if I were to ever hurt you. I don't plan on being that someone though. We don't know what the future my hold... But, I'm hoping that mine with have you in it for the rest of my life... So, what I'm asking is..." I wait anticipatedly...

        "Will you be mine forever and marry me Rose...?"