Chapter 6

There was no use standing around in the hall, so I went towards the door and into the classroom.

All eyes turned to me and I regretted not running away.

"Hello, guys.",I said quietly and looked into confused faces.

" I thought we would be the only ones who get the teaching.", I heard Damien White mumble.

" Same here." , said Jack Rider.

" Yes and you're right, 'cause I'm teaching you. "

"But why are you doing this?",said Ian Torren, " You're a student so...."

" It was a punishment from the principle, this idiot is so overreacting."

After the words"idiot" and "principle" all of them grinned.

"I like her already ", said Aidan.

" You're Rebecca, right?"

"Yes, I am. Uhm... nice to meet you?", but it came out more like a question.

I mean, I know them already, their family, their background story, their criminal records ( that were too many to count) and so on.

And on the other hand, we went to the same school for three years, of course they saw me sometimes.

" Nice to meet you too...", they said.

Awkward.

" The principal didn't say anything about what I'm teaching you, so where do you need help?"

" Everywhere", they said in perfect sync.

Well, this is going to take long.

"Where do you need the most help then ?"

" Everywhere", was the exact same answer.

Wow, applause please.

"Let's just start with ... maths."

Everyone groaned but they stopped when Jack said something.

" Hold on, you said that it was a punishment, right Becca?"

" Yeah, why?"

"And it isn't like the principle is watching us, so why don't we just chill here? "

To be honest, it was a good idea, an idea which I would've totally done, but seriously I'm not so sure if Max wasn't secretly spying on us.

And of course, I was right.

" Well, I'm not so sure about that, Jack.

Look out of the window."

And guess who was watching us out of his office.

They all groaned again and I just laughed.

" Ok, let's start before he comes to sit here with us."

I started teaching them about their( or rather our ) current math theme.

After I told them how it works I gave them work to do and was on my phone.

Max: " Hello Shaya, how's the teaching going?"

Shay: " Good, better than last year."

Max: " How did this even happen?"

Shay: " I don't know. The only thing I remember was that I ended up running for my dear life."

Max: " I know! I saw you sprinting down the hallway and these 30 children followed and cursed you. Lol"

Shaya: "Yeah..., I remember it too well "

Shaya: " But you ass didn't do anything except for laughing."

Max: " You would have done the same and don't lie to me! "

I wanted to reply but Damien stopped me with a question.

" Becca, if I have to calculate it this way, how should I do it with this task?"

He showed me the task and I had to hold onto me to not roll my eyes.

" You just have to calculate it backwards, start with the result."

If stupidity would be a crime, they would all wait for their execution.

After one hour they all were finished and I didn't know what to do.

"So, uhm, you're all finished ?", I asked and they all nodded.

" And you have checked with the solutions ?" They nodded again.

" Were your answers correct? " And again they did the same.

" Any questions left? " They all shook their head.

Why can't they say something?I thought. Are they doing this on purpose to make me feel dumb?

"Fifteen minutes left, it's not enough for a different theme.

Any suggestions what we could do now ?"

They all smirked and I regret asking this.

"Yes, yes I have one.", Hunter said.

" And this would be? "

"We want to know something about you." " We will see you like every day, so...", finished Ian.

Ok, you will hear lies, I thought

" And what do you want to hear?"

"Doesn't matter, everything", said Aidan.

" Sure, as you already know, I'm Rebecca Williams, 17 years old and this is my last year here.

I've been going to this school for three years, I lived in New York before, and yeah... That's it, enough ?"

" For now? Yes."

After one minute of awkward silence, Damien spoke: " So what are you doing after school? "

Probably collecting more information about you, your parents and their little conflicts with the Mafia, texting with the CIA boss and fucking up some shit.

" Oh, nothing much, doing things for school, watching some films, things like that. And what about you guys? "

They all grinned and I wasn't sure which kind of grins they were.

" Oh, we're going to Aidan's new flat and help him feeling more home...",said Hunter still grinning.

"Yeah, that means that they will end up drunk and I have to clean up everything before my parents come home. How Nice.",Aidan muttered.

"Haven't you just moved here? How comes that you change houses again? "

"There was a water damage and we got our money back, so we moved again."

"Hey, do you need a lift? I mean we're probably the only ones left in school ( it's Tuesday and everyone has school 'till 1pm ) and I'm not sure if the bus drives now."

It was a nice offer but I don't want anyone to know where I'm located, for their and my safety.

" Oh, thanks but I'm fine. I not driving with the school bus anyway, but thanks for asking."

As I looked to them they nodded but I also saw a sparkle of disappointment.

I was cut off by the school bell and stood up with the boys.

"Well, see you tomorrow, I hope you don't get a hangover for school.

It's better to be drunk IN school."

They laughed and we headed to different directions.

In my street, I thought about how I would get the information so I nearly didn't notice the moving truck. Nearly.

I stopped walking and watched the truck disappearing in the distance.

I was just a few steps away from my door but didn't go inside.

No, this couldn't be.