Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Did I mention before that I hate Mondays?

I think I have, but anyway, I was sitting in my last lesson before I could finally leave this torturing after my weekend.

No wait, I had to teach the guys first, ugh.

Ian and Jack were sitting on my left, bored as hell taking notes after I've told them three times.

What? I still was their tutor, and I swear if I had to repeat this year, I would've died ( if I still could lol).

Anyways, I was watching the parking lot, dozing off with thoughts when suddenly something started to ring, a cell phone. Everyone went silent, either trying to figure out whose it was or watching Mrs Adkins reaction amused.

As I looked left, I saw Ian laughing and Jack's upset face next to me. He looked at me with pleading eyes, mouthing: " Come on! Help me!"

But I just patted his shoulder, whispering with a grin:" Well, you fucked up"

Let me explain this for you, Mrs Adkins was an old, embittered teacher, she hated it when her lessons were interrupted, especially by cell phones because there were too many phone calls.

So she thought of a 'punishment'.

Every single message must be read to the whole class, and every phone call must be put on speaker so everyone could listen.

Illegal much, eh?

I know, I know, but why should I report something like this?

She'd still do it, and honestly, I could get new secrets without effort or work, which could've led me to my targets.

Within a few seconds, the 'troublemaker' was caught, Ian had to suck in his breath, otherwise, he would've laughed like a manic and got in trouble too.

Jack wasn't pleased, he liked his privacy, after all these weeks with them, this was something that I learned pretty fast. Well, you could say, that he is the 'mysterious' and 'inverted' guy in the group. He wasn't always there, didn't mention much about his family or his activities. The background check I made brought nothing new. Everything was fine, I even spied at his family, but they were just normal.

Maybe it was just his personality.

Well, Ian is the complete opposite . He's the 'Joker' of them, the funny guy, you know? But I was sure as hell that he tried to overplay his issues with his jokes. A way to master some messed up times.

( You'll find out later in this book ;)

"Jack!", Mrs Adkins barked at him with a voice so scratchy, that not even fingernails on a blackboard were comparable," Answer your phone immediately or you'll get in some trouble you've never been through."

The whole class looked at him like hunters do at their prey. Never in a billion years, they would've not enjoyed this situation. One of the most popular guy's secrets could've been exposed with a bit of luck.

Well, he didn't enjoy it this much. For a tiny second he gritted his teeth, I assume he was choosing between leaving the class or actually answering . But then he glanced at me and answered the call.

Ok, if that wasn't strange...

" Jack? Are you there?", a young, female voice echoed through the class.

" Yeah, what's up, Kate? Why are you calling? ", Jack answered playing cool, but if you listened closely you could've heard his nervous undertone.

A little explaining here: Kate is his twin sister. She was currently at a boarding school because of her behaviour I think.