↫↫ Chapter 12 ↬↬

Do you know this feeling, when you're waiting and the time goes by slower?

When you don't, you never went to school.

Anyways, I hate this feeling and when I was waiting at the airport, it was horrible!

Seconds felt like minutes, and minutes like hours.

Passengers from other planes went by, businessman rushing by in a hurry, families and couples coming from vacations.

I've already waited for twenty minutes and started to get nervous, what if something happened?

So I went to the reception.

The woman at the desk looked like she was in her thirties, her hair was put in a bun and her fingers where tipping furiously at her keyboard.

I stood there for like a minute and she still didn't notice me so I cleared my throat.

" Excuse me? ", I said with a smile.

" Oh, I am sorry, how may I help you?", she answered and looked at me, she looked kind of stressed and exhausted.

" Do you know when the flight from London arrives?"

Her expression turned dark for a second but within half of the time, there was a smile again.

Like I was trained to show no expression or emotions for my life, she was trained to show kindness for her job.

" Oh, well I have to tell you there were a few problems and delayings, so it will take at least another hour.

If you want, you can sit in the waiting area, coffee and water are free as a reparation for our mess."

" That's really kind, thank you."

" It's the least we can do, it's almost 11 pm and people have better things to do, like sleeping than waiting here.

Anyways, who are you waiting for? Family?"

" You can say so, I'm waiting for a very close friend, he's family. We didn't speak with each other for over three months, there was never time for it and I'm even happier now."

" Well, I hope that it won't take so long for you, have a good time."

" Thank you, have a good day!"

I did as I was told, took a coffee, sat down...

and waited.

Again.

A few people sat there too, were on their phones or reading magazines.

But every one of them had something in common, they all had to wait for somebody.

I know deep, ain't it?

Anyways, a few people left and a few came.

After a while, a family came in and sat across from me.

" Mummy, when does aunt Patricia finally come ?", asked the little girl in front of me, maybe she was 4 or 5.

" I don't know honey, she should come in 10 minutes but I can't promise anything."

" Ugh, 10 minutes are sooooooo long..." she whined and I had to bite back a laugh when I realized that I had the patience of a little child.

I was on my phone when I heard a low whisper from the girl again.

I know, I shouldn't be listening to other person conversations, but I just can't help it.

" Mummy?", the girl whispered/screamed ( you know what I mean)