➶➶➶➶➶ Chapter 11 ➷➷➷➷➷

The cafeteria was fuller than usually so I was even more happier that I didn't eat there. My steps were rushed, and I also held my head down, I didn't want to run over Stacy. Not because I had a bad conscience or something, it was more like I didn't want to meet a mad hyena with fellows. I wasn't sure if she told someone about our brief encounter but when she did, she would've somehow managed to turn me into the bad one.

I realised that my attempt didn't work out when I heard that my name was being shouted across the cafeteria.

Damn it.

I wasn't sure who it was but I didn't even want to know, so my steps were getting faster and faster. Again it didn't work out. Sometimes everyone got those days, right?

Being the idiot I was (and still am), I ran into a person once again but this time I was quick enough to not  fall by balancing it out.

"Becca, you really need to pay more attention when you're walking", I heard Damien joking so I looked up into a laughing face.

At least, luck was on my side for a moment and I wasn't full of the spaghetti-plastic-mixture from today.

"Well, my attention is already wasted because of the lessons." Lie

"Then you should pay less, your life could get in danger, maybe you run in front of a car.
Just kidding, I think no one could be this inattentive, well the phone could be a reason, but that's not what I meant. "

"By the way, did you call me?"

"No?", He asked slowly.

"But wh-", I was interrupted when I saw the boys waving behind Damien.

"There sits the answer."I said and pointed to them, " I could have seen this coming."

"Yes, you could have, by the way, I should ask you if you want to sit with us?"

Actually, all I wanted was to leave the cafeteria, but the thought of Stacy getting even madder because of where I was sitting changed my mind.

"Sure, why not?"

We headed to the table where Aidan, Ian, Hunter and Jack were sitting.

It was funny how every head turned to me when I sat next to them, seriously they didn't have a life, did they?

"Finally, you came, I nearly thought you were deaf.", joked Aidan with a smile on his lips.

"Well, I didn't know you meant me, also nobody ever shouted my name across school so I thought somebody meant someone else."

"Then better get used to it.", advised Ian and went back to the conversation he had with Hunter and Jack.

It was nice hearing this and at first, I found it really nice of them, but then I remembered that all of this wasn't real.

I wasn't real. This wasn't me.

Yes, of course, they could've liked Rebecca, but she was just a cover to keep them safe, it was the plan that we got friends. The actual me, Shaya, was completely different, and a friendship could be the best in this world, such a huge lie like this would've destroyed it.

Anyways, I blocked these thoughts out of my mind like I did with so many other things and went back to reality.

We all talked for a bit until we had to go to my teaching lesson.

While we were sitting there, Stacy stormed in and starred me down for a while but the boys noticed it and she walked off again.

"Becca, did you know why this witch stared at you like this?", asked Aidan as we walked through the corridors to the classroom.

"Stacy? Hold on, you hate them too?"

Everyone stopped in their steps and looked me dead serious in the eye.

" If somebody doesn't, they have mental disorder!", they all said, no screamed in perfect sync.

"I really thought you were friends with them...", I said under my breath but obviously, it was still too loud, damn it.

The look on their faces were perfect examples of pure horror shock and unbelieve at once. I'd have laughed but I was too scared when I looked at Jack's face if looks could kill...

The long pause of silence was my sign to begin:

" Well, I always saw how often they were near you and how often they spoke about each of you...

After I think about that, it could've also been about how they could bring you to like them. Oh"

Now it was Ian who explained it: "They always try to hit on us, ALWAYS. They also have no shame, it's so embarrassing. Once they even stalked us !"

Mhhhhh....Well, I do the same, but I have a good reason! Don't judge me!

"Okay, let's start with the lesson anyway."

***+***

Later that day I was training for already two hours.

Let's just say that my punching bag was already really fragile. It's a good way to deal with aggression (not as good as punching people, but enough).

Punch,

jab,

left lowkick,

right hook,

left kick.

Jab,

punch,

jab,

right knee,

left hook,

right kick.

As I was doing more and more combinations, I nearly didn't hear the phone call.

" Wait! ", I screamed although I knew that this wouldn't bring anything, sadly.

"Hello, Max?", I answered still heavily breathing into my phone.

" Shaya, you were training, huh? Well, make yourself ready, I don't think you'd want to meet your best friend like this."

" You saw me completely covered in blood and intestines, and now a little bit sweat is too much for you? I think you could live with that."

" I'm not talking about me you little fool. Think again, someone you nearly didn't see for two years... "

There was nothing but silence for one minute before I finally found my voice again and whispered: " Na-Nathan is coming?"

" Yes, yes, he is.", he said softly, " I know how much this means to you, so you can pick him up from the airport. His flight comes in 40 minutes. Have a happy reunion."

" Wait! Thank you "

"No need for this, after you came back from France you were so down, I think he will turn your mood up."

With that, he hung up, and I just stood there in shock, Nate was coming back!

I was ready within 15 minutes and was now speeding down the streets in my Ashton Martin, thinking about old times, good times. I couldn't wait to see him again!

*************************************************************************************

AN

I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS LATE UPDATE!