_-_-_-Chapter 16-_-_-_

" It has gotten better.", Nate stated casually while we waited in my office for Thompson to show up.

"What has gotten better?", I asked while fidgeting in my chair, what can I say? I just hate to wait.

" The way the people here look at you, they seem like they are not as scared of you as before."

I raised an eyebrow and looked doubtful at him " Why would you think this?"

" The man who stood in the hallway greeted you, that's unusual ."

" Oh! You mean Pete? Yeah, he's the only cool one here, he's new... "

" Not only he, but the others didn't stare at you like before, they weren't as deadly silent like before and so on! Looks like thy start to like you, Shaya! I'm proud!"

With an amused and awkward smile, I looked down at my lap and bit my bottom lip. It was a nice theory of him, but sadly not even one percent true.

" Oh, Shay", he stood up abruptly and looked frustrated at me," what did you do?!"

" There could be a slight chance that I, well, uhm ..."

" Agent Morin, open your damn mouth and speak!"

" I swear if you wouldn't be my best friend- "

" Probably, your only friend..."

" Hey! If you wouldn't be my best friend, I would've beaten you up so many times. This disrespect... "

" Damn, Shaya, can you just tell me what you've done? I've known you for long enough, and the things which I've seen you were doing were awful and terrible, but I am still standing here. So...?

Please tell me?"

I sighed and looked at him with sorry in my eyes for my stubbornness.

" Okay, I'll tell you, but don't say I'm crazy in the end. I know I did some shit there.

It was one year ago, I came here after a mission, was covered in blood and in a really bad mood, I won't go into details now, but yeah.

A few doctors from our lab were too scared of me and didn't want to medicate me.

I...got furious and completely lost it, so I walked slowly to the top level of the stairs, the ones that saw me were already quiet but to get the full attention, I pulled out my gun and shot into the air three times.

I know that it's not clever to shoot in front of almost a hundred,well schooled CIA agents with guns, but well, that's what I did.

Fortunately, no one shot me accidentally and I started to tell them a whole lecture about why I'm not dangerous at all and that they should behave like I was a normal human being.
Again, I was covered in blood so it wasn't quite authentic...

This wasn't even the worst part, Nate.

Then after I calmed down an agent ran into the hall and screamed about a prisoner who stole his gun.

Not even one second after it, they all freaked out, over a hundred agents were scared about one, ONE criminal.

I thought I've gone completely insane then, but before I could normally ask where this prisoner could be, I felt a familiar, cold thing pressed against the back of my neck, and everything fell quiet again.

The prisoner screamed that we should all shut the fuck up, and that he had released some others too, that we'd all die if they wouldn't get immunity and so on.

And really, after a minute two others stood beside us."

" But, Shay, there were many agents, they needed to do something different then just standing there and watching, even if they took you as a captive."