꧁꧁Chapter 20꧂꧂

" Neither do I. We should tell her, Nate. Maybe it will calm her down."

" Or she will rip off our heads. When I visited her yesterday, she was extremely put together and calm. Hell, she even stitched herself! Maybe she doesn't even bother and we create another problem for her."

" I think I have an idea in my mind. We'll talk to her as soon as she feels better."

**********

After the evening with Nate and Director Thompson, I stayed at home for the next day too.
Every hour I needed to put salve on my wounds it was annoying but they got better. Still, they weren't fully recovered.

Thankfully, Max was already informed so I was excused from school too.
But the boys still didn't know what happened and it should've stayed like this. They called multiple time but I just talked myself out with sloppy excuses. So they didn't visit me as they have planned and let me recover. I still didn't know if they were buying it.

The day passed by slowly but I had time to organize and search for information.
A pretty boring and lazy day altogether.

*******

At the following morning, my mind raced with thoughts through my routine.

I changed into black sneakers, dark blue jeans and a black long-sleeved shirt with a leather jacket.
As I started doing my daily makeup, I noticed that my tattoo-covering foundation was slowly getting less and less. So this time I was forced to really only use it for my tattoos. It was truly tiring to cover up almost every skin that wasn't hidden beneath clothes. For this day it were only my hands, temple and neck, but imagine what I needed to cover if I wanted to wear an off-shoulder top, hot pants or a dress. To save me from this, I only wore outfits like this in school. But I chose to get those tattoos and I love them.

I'm swifting off, what I actually wanted to say was, that the normal foundation didn't successfully cover my bruises in my face.
But it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. The cut was clearly visible so why would the bruises around it and my nose even matter?

I sighed and packed my things when I got Aidan's message:
" Waiting in my car"

I really didn't want to drive with them right now and explain my situation five times, once before school starts would've been enough.
So I called him and let him know, I would've come a bit later by my own. He sounded a bit disappointed but shrugged it off shortly after.

****

The clock in the station showed that I needed to wait another 15 minutes for the subway when I already was ten minutes late.
When it finally arrived, it wasn't as full as I thought it would be, but the stares from the strangers annoyed the hell out of me already. I was wearing sunglasses and the hood attached to the leather jacket. So yeah, I did look suspicious.
With headphones in my ear, I ignored them as much as I could, but I started thinking about what would've happened in school later.

I texted my late arrival to our group chat so nobody would've worried about me, but it also gave me the possibility to get coffee before I would've spent hours in this hell hole.

******

So, after missing a bit more than our first period, the corridors were ghostly quiet and empty.

My black coffee was still hot in my hands when I looked at the door for my class. I knew exactly what would've happened when I entered this room:
Our teacher would've asked me, in front of everyone, to explain my delay, then everybody would've stared at me because of my obvious injuries and rumours would've spread across the school before the lesson would've ended.