Part 11 - Briar: Searching

Briar POV

The girls and I start searching for Alex. We check the malls, her house, the school, and the park. But there is no sight of her anywhere. I am extremely worried for her. She has never been one to run off when things go wrong.

"Maybe we should ask the boys." I suggest.

"Good idea. I'll call Isaac." Dylan says.

We all call one of the boys each, but none of them know where she is either. They did agree to come and help us look for her though. We decide to meet up at  the beach, which is the only place we haven't looked at.

The girls and I walk down the shore of the beach and I feel so worried I think I am going to be sick. This situation is so wrong ... something must be seriously wrong.

"BRI!" Myles calls out to me.

I look over to the Myles an the rest of the boys who are walking towards us girls. I feel like I am going to cry right now. Alex and I are best friends ... she has to be okay. I run up to Myles and wrap my arms around him, tightly.

"It's okay, Bri. We'll find her." Myles comforts me.

"But what if we don't? What if she's hurt?" I ask, tearing up a little bit.

"We shouldn't think like that, B." Myles tells me, completely avoiding the question.

"I guess not." I say.

I pull away from him and then something catches my eye. I look up towards a cliff that drops off to the deep part of the water. I see a girl standing at the top, looking as though she could jump at any moment. Is she trying to kill herself? That is such a stupid thing to do ... but then I realise who that girl is. Long black hair and short posture. That is Alex.

The moment I realise its her, I start running o the cliff. But I'm to late, she jumps off the cliff, down into the water.