Part 53 - Myles: Innocent or Guilty

Myles POV

I killed a woman ... she attacked me and it was self defence but I still feel guilty, especially seeing as she's a woman. I was taught so well not to EVER hurt a girl, and I killed one anyway. She was a woman but it was self defence. Am I innocent or am I guilty?

"Myles." Trevor says.

"What have I done, Trev?" I ask him.

"It was an accident bro." Trevor tells me. "Don't be too hard on yourself about it."

A police officer walks up to me then and pulls out handcuffs. Oh no ... this is not good at all. I've really screwed up.

"Myles Erlick." He starts. "I'm placing you under arrest for the manslaughter of Shelby Bain." 

I am taken away and locked up in a prison cell at that point. Yeesh this was a huge mistake coming here. I am going to be locked up for years at this rate. I know that I'm aloud visitors in here. Not that anyone would want to visit a murderer. I hope Briar's okay, although she surely won't be when she finds out I am going to jail.

"You have one visitor." The policeman tells me.

"Who?" I ask him.

"Trevor Tordjman." He tells me.

I walk into an interview room where Trevor is sitting waiting for me. The police are recording our whole talk.

"Do you know what the charges are?" Trevor asks me.

"Either murder which is 25 years in prison or manslaughter which mean a year in prison. It was manslaughter but the cops aren't sure yet." I explain.

"Myles there's something you need to know." Trevor starts. "Briar went into labour this afternoon and she gave birth a few hours ago."

"WHAT?" I say loudly. "Did everything go okay?"

"Yeah Briar and your son are both perfectly well." Trevor explains.

"Do they know about this?" I ask gesturing around the prison.

"No I haven't told anyone yet." Trevor reassures me. "I told Berkeley that we were caught up in the prison and wouldn't be able to get to hospital till tomorrow. That gives us a day to work out what to do."

"I know what to do." I tell him. "I'm going to fight the charges."

I may not be innocent but I am not completely guilty either.