Part 58 - Myles: Coming Home

Myles POV

Today I am being released from my holding cell. Its about time, it was an accident after all. How long does it take for them to work that out? A long time apparently.

Briar doesn't know that I'm coming home today. I haven't been able to get contact with her. She hasn't been to visit and I only get a phone call a day and she hasn't picked up on any of them. She must hate me. I don't blame her, I hate me too for what I've done. How could I do this?

I sign a few papers and I am released and Trev drives me home.

"So what does it feel like coming out of jail?" Trev asks smirking.

"Terrible." I admit.

"Seriously? I thought you'd be happy about it." Trevor says confused.

"Yeah but Briar doesn't know that I'm coming home. She hasn't answered any of my calls and she hasn't come to visit me. She probably won't want to see me after everything that's happened." I explain to him. "And our baby ..."

"Trust me she does want to see you." Trev tells me in a duh kind of tone. "She's been a wreck without you. She needs you, especially now that you have a baby together."

I've let her down. I wasn't there for her when she needed me the most. She gave birth while I was off getting Shelby killed. I'm a complete jerk, I just hope she'll forgive me.

We pull up outside the house and we walk up to the door and knock. Then we wait until Briar finally opens the door.

"Myles?!" Briar screams and jumps up into my arms.

"Hey Bri." I say. "I'm so sorry for everything."

"Shhh, we don't have to talk about that now." Briar says. "Come and meet your son."

We walk inside and I see him lying in his tiny bed. My little baby boy.