Chapter 2: Rules, Rewards and Romance

It was difficult to tell how many trainers were around, but it were definitely more than a dozen. Not expecting such a crowd, Ash wondered why he had never heard from this event, although it seemed very popular among young teenagers.

Searching for the perfect spot to listen to the announcement, the group of Ash walked to a free spot that still provided them with some shadow. After all, it was still a hot day and there wasn't a sign that this would change in the near future.

The groups exchanged some opinions before they would hear the news first hand from the organizer of the event.

"I wonder what awaits us ..." Ash said quietly, standing next to his team partner, May.

The brown-haired coordinator looked to the raven-haired trainer, but every time when Ash looked to her, she looked away. It was just too embarrassing for her to be caught how she ogled at the boy, although she had done it in the past, but now it was just a different time.

Much more relaxed, Brock and Max made a very good team and the two boys waited eagerly for the start of the annual egg hunt.

"Do you think that we can win a Pokémon egg, Brock?" Max loved the idea of having an own Pokémon egg where he would need to care for.

"I don't know, but we need to look for them after all. It wouldn't surprise me if the winner can keep an egg." The breeder answered casually.

May listened with one ear and the brunette believed that she had to remind her brother again that there was a problem.

"Max, you know that you are too young to be a Pokémon trainer, so why should you need a Pokémon egg?" May said sternly, seeing it as her duty to prevent her brother to have too much hope.

"Who cares? Wouldn't it be such a problem to care for the egg at our gym until I'm old enough to be a trainer?" Max answered.

"Too care for a new hatched Pokémon requires much more than just knowledge from books and I'm sure that mum and dad are too busy to do all the work for you!"

"Speaking of busy! Aren't you busy to stare at Ash?" Max countered, showing that he noticed his sister's behavior.

Being embarrassed, May covered Max' mouth with her palm before she looked carefully to Ash to assure herself that the boy didn't hear anything. Fortunately, the raven-haired trainer looked into another direction and once more, May couldn't suppress her urge to stare at him. It was weird, because she noticed features of his face that she had never recognized before, but at the same time, she loved every new feature that she spotted. Losing track of time, May didn't notice that she prevented her brother to breath and the boy's face soon changed its color.

"Mhmm hmmm hmm ...." Max wanted to remove the hand of his sister, but the more he tried the more she covered his mouth.

"May?" Brock said with a concerning tone, but the brunette didn't notice. "MAY?" Again, Brock said the name of the coordinator and this time, she heard the voice of her friend, but she wasn't very surprised.

"Yeah? ..." May needed to realize where she was.

"I would prefer if you leave your brother some air in his lungs." Brock explained before he removed the girl's hand away from the boy. Once he could breath again, Max slid down onto the ground before he coughed several times after that "near-death experience".

May stepped some inches to the back before she realized what she did. On the on hand, she had ogled again at Ash and on the other hand, she harmed her brother. At the moment, she did a lot of things that she didn't understand, but she didn't want to talk about it.